Helping finding the right spot

Helping finding the right spot

Postby David » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:55 am

Hello!
Is it not confusing with two forum categories like 'Ascent Capture' and 'Ascent Product Family'? The lonely sub forum Ascent Licensing and Configurations (EMEA) hiding under the former.

At first glance, how would a new visitor directly figure out the meaning behind - and difference between - those two titles?
We are all beginners the first time and may not have experience with navigation in this kind of www forum, so I figure a number of visiting people have trouble landing in the right category. Or just get an odd impression of this otherwise very nice forum site.

Perhaps you could have a sticky post in the Ascent Capture General Discussion forum (and in this forum...?) pointing out the Licensing and Configurations forum, Release Script forum, VirtualReScan General Discussion and others?
It happens now and then that people end up in the completely wrong spot both while searching and writing. I know very well one can never stop that completely, but perhaps a slight change in category names as discussed above and some sticky posts listing sub forums would help a bit.

/David
If you make it idiot-proof, someone will make a better idiot.
David
Participant

Postby David » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:36 am

It seems to me that the "VirtualReScan General Discussion" would be easier for some people to find if it had the name "VRS (VirtualReScan) General Discussion"... I guess the short term VRS is extremely common and sometimes people forget what it stands for... :?
If you make it idiot-proof, someone will make a better idiot.
David
Participant

Return to Forum Help