Poll - Is this useful

Do you want avatars?

Yes, I would like to have an avatar like on other forums
44%
No, I do not like to stare at other people's avatars..
25%
I don't care
31%

Total votes : 16

Poll - Is this useful

Postby » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:51 am

The forum is very active compared to two years ago, still I'm a bit dissapointed that Avatars are not activated on this forum. Hence the poll. Jill? It's just a setting in the phpBB setup of this forum ...
Participant

Postby » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:03 am

Nice idea. Why not? Some visitors will probably work with Kofax products several years and dwell here for peer to peer discussions and support during that time. It seems like a nice thought to make things slightly more personal.

Also, why not have some kind of 'veteran award' like this? It is a good, potentially valuable, thing that some dwellers keep reading and posting here, so a tiny 'veteran award' such as avatar enabling seems like an inexpensive pat-on-the-back. 8)
If you make it idiot-proof, someone will make a better idiot.
Participant

Postby » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:52 pm

Absolutely right, David! Daniel and I use the standard PhP tricks in the signature to have an Avatar, but it should be activated by default for every member - lacking notice about PhP- . Also, in any PhP based forum you can have a ranking based on the number and/or quality of posts. But I'm afraid that Kofax considers this as a waist of time ( it only takes 5 minutes to set up ) :roll:
Participant

Postby » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:39 pm

well...I'm against "rankings" in forums. Everyone is equal in here.

Avatars and that type of fancy stuff....not really needed. It's the information that matters, not what kind of an avatar everyone has.
Participant

Return to Forum Help