KTM thin client login problem

KTM thin client login problem

Postby » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:10 pm

Hi,

I have installed & configured the KYM thin client on my UAT machine.
In Kofax User profile i have created 2 AD linked user & assign the validation & batch rights.
When i am trying to log in KTM thin client from Local Computer1 as <domain\AD_User1> then its log in successfully. But when log in <domain\AD_User2> from Local computer2 its shows me Invalid User name & password.

When log off <domain\AD_User1> from Computer1 then only AD_User2 able to log in from computer2.

Its mean i am not able to log in to KTM thin client simultaneously with windows AD linked user.

For testing purpose i have created the 2 Kofax user as User1 & User2. If i have log in KTM thin client simultaneously with this respective kofax users then its working fine. Its only not working for windows AD linked user.

Details of My UAT MachineI am using the Windows 2008 R2 64 OS & SQL 2012 Enterprise.
KC 10.0 with SP2
KTM 6.0
I have gone through all the knowledge-base articles but still not able figure out the resolution

Requested you please help me to resolve this problem
Participant

Re: KTM thin client login problem

Postby » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:38 am

Hi!

What license you have? is it KTM full license or KTM forms that was available until last year? If later, then You have to have Concurrent license for every connection in web. Otherwise - check the logs. there may be something about it...

Hando
Participant

Postby » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:39 pm

Thanks for quick reply Hando Penu......

We have the KTM full license.

Correct me if i am wrong. We are using thin client not the Thick client. So Concurrent license will required for only thick client.

Can you please tell me where i will got the log file for KTM thin client. Requested you to please advice the Location for the Log files.
Participant

Postby » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:20 am

Hi!

You have to turn on logging, By default it's switched off:
Code: Select all
Logging Thin Client Errors
In order to troubleshoot errors that occur when using the Thin Client modules, you can
configure the Thin Client Server to log errors in log files.
Errors from the Thin Client Server can be logged by editing the Web.config file, that is
located in the installation directory. Errors from the custom modules can be logged by editing
the KCThinClientModule.exe.config file, that is located in the bin folder of the Kofax
Capture installation location.
Since there can be multiple custom modules running at one time, you can see then several log
files with dynamically generated names created in your log folder.
1 Open the desired configuration file and uncomment the following code:
<system.diagnostics>
<trace autoflush="true">
<listeners>
<add name="myListener" traceOutputOptions="DateTime"
type="System.Diagnostics.TextWriterTraceListener"
initializeData="C:\logs\MyLog.txt">
<filter type="System.Diagnostics.EventTypeFilter"
initializeData="Off"/>
</add>
</listeners>
</trace>
</system.diagnostics>
2 Edit the initalizeData="C:\logs\MyLog.txt" attribute to modify the file system
location and name of the log file.
3 Change the initializeData="Off" attribute to one of the following options:
Error
Outputs Trace.TraceError to the log file.
Info
Outputs Trace.TraceError and Trace.TraceInfo to the log file.
Warning
Outputs Trace.TraceError, Trace.TraceInfo, and Trace.TraceWarning to the log
file.
Verbose
Outputs Trace.TraceVerbose debug information to the log file.
For more information about the available options, see the Microsoft MSDN Trace and
Debug Settings Schema at .
4 Save your changes and restart the IIS Server.

Hando
Participant

Postby » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:01 pm

Thanks Hando for brief description.

As you suggested i have make the changes in config file and generate logs.

The below error is logging into the log file

KCThinClientModule.exe Error: 0 : There was an error while logging in with username bsm\user1: DBLite: Unable to validate user.
at ACDB_10SP1._Login2.ValidateUser(String strUniqueID, Boolean bShowDlg, String strUserID, String strPwd)
at Kofax.Capture.BatchData.ACBatchManager.LoginToRuntimeSession(Boolean bShowDialog, String UserName, String Password, Boolean bShareCredentials)
at Kofax.KTS.Module.Capture.CaptureModuleService.Login(LoginModule loginModule, Int32 moduleStep, String username, String password, Int32 localeID, Int32 internalProcessID)

Requested you to please suggest how to resolve this error....?
Participant

Postby » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:13 pm

I'm not sure if anyone found a solution for this but i experienced a similar error and wanted to share my findings.

KCThinClientModule.exe Error: 0 : There was an error while logging in with username naeast\snaetssimgsvc: DBLite: Unable to validate user.
at ACDB_8SP4.Login2Class.ValidateUser(String strUniqueID, Boolean bShowDlg, String strUserID, String strPwd)
at Kofax.AC7.BatchData.ACBatchManager.LoginToRuntimeSession(Boolean bShowDialog, String UserName, String Password, Boolean bShareCredentials)
at Kofax.KTS.Module.Capture.CaptureModuleService.Login(LoginModule loginModule, Int32 moduleStep, String username, String password, Int32 localeID, Int32 internalProcessID)

After some research I found an error in the security event logs on the web server. Below is an entry from the web server's security event log. This is not the complete event log and I've scrubbed the data but you'll get the gist:

Log Name: Security
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing
Date:
Event ID: 4625
Task Category: Logon
Level: Information
Keywords: Audit Failure
User: N/A
Computer: SERVER_NAME.DOMAIN.COM
Description:
An account failed to log on.

Subject:
Security ID: Account SID
Account Name: WEB APPLICATION POOL LOGIN USER ID
Account Domain: DOMAIN
Logon ID:

Logon Type: 2 (Type 2 login is means interactive login)

Account For Which Logon Failed:
Security ID: NULL SID
Account Name: USER ID THAT ATTEMPTED TO LOGIN
Account Domain: DOMAIN

Failure Information:
Failure Reason: The user has not been granted the requested logon type at this machine.
Sub Status: 0x0

Process Information:
Caller Process ID: PID
Caller Process Name: D:\Program Files (x86)\Kofax\Capture\Bin\KCThinClientModule.exe

I'm attempting to access the site via a load balancer. If i access the site using the server name, windows authentication works as expected and the user can login. If accessing via the load balancer, the error occurs.

What i've found is if i want to access the site via the load balancer i have to give the user attempting to login interactive login permissions (see https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/lib ... 10%29.aspx )

Once the user is given login rights, the issue goes away.

Hope this helps anyone else who experiences this issue..
Participant

Return to Kofax Transformation Modules General Discussion