Batch_Open event in KTM Validation

Batch_Open event in KTM Validation

Postby RajJulha » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:04 am

I have the event below in the Project script of the KTM project and it does not seem to execute. I also have a Batch_Close event which is executed so my question is: Does the Batch_Open event trigger in KTM Validation? If not what is the best event to load static lists for lookups etc.
Private Sub Batch_Open(ByVal pXRootFolder As CASCADELib.CscXFolder)

Thanks
RajJulha
Participant

Re: Batch_Open event in KTM Validation

Postby David Wright » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:39 am

The Batch_Open Event does fire in KTM Validation. Please contact Tech Support if you are sure that this is not happening in your project.
You may want also to consider Application_InitializeScript which fires when the module is loaded or Application_InitializeBatch which fires before a batch is processed.

Event Order
Private Sub Application_InitializeScript()
Private Sub Application_InitializeBatch(ByVal pXRootFolder As CASCADELib.CscXFolder)
Private Sub Batch_Open(ByVal pXRootFolder As CASCADELib.CscXFolder)
Private Sub Batch_Close(ByVal pXRootFolder As CASCADELib.CscXFolder, ByVal CloseMode As CASCADELib.CscBatchCloseMode)
Private Sub Application_DeinitializeScript()

You could also consider loading static lists from Dictionaries, Fuzzy Databases, Script Resources or Script Variables as they are native, require little or no coding and are loaded automatically.
David Wright
Participant

Re: Batch_Open event in KTM Validation

Postby RajJulha » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:43 pm

Thanks David. Indeed it works, I was using a logger to write out a line for each method that was executing and for Batch_Open the log level didn't include LogMessage so nothing was being written and I incorrectly deduced that the method was not executing.
RajJulha
Participant

Return to Kofax Transformation Modules General Discussion