Enter Key for DB Lookup

Enter Key for DB Lookup

Postby twildt » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:38 am

How can I enforce the "Enter" key to activate the DB Lookup I have in script after entering in the Input Fields? Currently there is a button but the shortcuts on the button do not include the "Enter" key...
twildt
Participant

Re: Enter Key for DB Lookup

Postby dkekesi » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:28 pm

There's no such method, AFAIK. The lookup window is a standard Kofax Capture control and it cannot be programmed. Not even sendkeys will work. I always suggest to code the SQL look-up instead of relying on the built-in look-up feature as its limitations surface quite quickly. It's not that difficult of a task: forum has tons of threads on the subject, the knowledgebase likewise... and we're also here to assist if you get stuck :). This way you'll have total control.
I also suggest you move to .NET scripting with new scripts that you create. This way you'll learn the angles ad you'll have less trouble when SBL support is dropped.
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
dkekesi
Participant

Postby russell@centuryc.com » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:19 pm

twildt, are you talking about KTM or Capture?
Russell
russell@centuryc.com
Participant

Postby twildt » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:39 am

Uh, yeah, KTM not capture...

I figured this out too. I just used the "Validation Form" object and the "After Field Confirmed" Proc.

However, I have a 2 field lookup. 2 fields need to be filled in properly before I want the lookup to fire. Right now the lookup seems to be working fine but when I hit enter, both fields get confirmed right away and the lookup proceeds. Which is fine when the fields are correct, but when they are not, I would like to be able stop on the field that was incorrect, or simply make both fields invalid and put the cursor back to the first lookup box. I also don't want the lookup to fire right off the bat. I want the user to have to individually confirm the first index field, then the second field, then the lookup fires...

It's working, but its just odd to watch, and you don't feel like you have any control over the fields when the both confirm at the same time and fire the lookup. Working on this right now if anyone has any suggestions or code references.

Thanks in advance.
twildt
Participant

Postby russell@centuryc.com » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:21 am

You might want to check the field name and fire only after the second field has been confirmed. If the lookup fails, you can set both fields to invalid.
Russell
russell@centuryc.com
Participant

Return to Kofax Transformation Modules General Discussion