Your contribution is needed: Feature Requests for KTM!

Your contribution is needed: Feature Requests for KTM!

Postby dkekesi » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:05 am

Hi All,

Rhere's a highly popular thread in the Kofax Capture general discussion forum where anyone can ask for features to be implemented. Some of these requests actually found their way into the product. I thought it would be a good idea to have a similar tread here in the KTM forum.

Some of mine, to get it started:
* Rule based classification for invoice projects. Currently only layout classification is available although a more robust method could classify invoices based on VAT ID, for example.
* Re-run locators and formatters after manual re-classification during validation. Currently if you change the document type during Validation you need to key in (or lasso select) every single field. I wish for a button on the form that could re-run the locators, so that the validation operator does not need to start from scratch. It would be even better to do it automatically without even pressing a button.
* The ability to use different locators for each table column. Currently the only locator you can use is for amounts only. It would be nice to be able to define a locator for line number, unit measure, VAT%, etc or any type of column.

So here it goes, add your thoughts and feature wishes for upcoming versions. What is your feature request?

NOTE FROM BOARD ADMIN: Kofax employees do indeed follow this thread, and some of the ideas here may make their way into our development planning schedule on an informal basis. However, the correct way to request for functionality to be added to KTM is to work with your support team or account manager to make a formal Feature Request. This will ensure that your suggested functionality is debated and assessed by our review board and given proper consideration.
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
dkekesi
Participant

Postby wolfgang.radl@kofax.com » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:59 am

/sticky
Kind Regards,
Wolfgang Radl
KOFAX Sales Engineer
wolfgang.radl@kofax.com
Participant

Postby dkekesi » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:00 am

Thanks, Wolfgang, for the sticky.

Here's some other addition.
* When setting up a manual table locator optional lines can be defined in the master line item. Empty lines are, however, not considered to be lines, thus cannot be selected as optional. I'd like to have a feature which enables me to select an empty line as an optional line. Having an extra line break happens very frequently in invoices.
* Please, oh, please, take a good look at the DOKuStar Validation module. Its GUI is light years ahead of AXP Validation in terms of usability. I especially miss the recognized data being displayed next to the mouse cursor while floating above the scanned image. Also the fact that tables can be displayed as a pop-up panel without taking too much space from the screen.
Last edited by dkekesi on Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
dkekesi
Participant

Postby wolfgang.radl@kofax.com » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:32 am

Regarding tables:

Currently, we can not handle tables where the total amount always stands in the last line AND where optional lines are present. For example:

When using tables, you can choose to find order numbers OR delivery note numbers, however sometimes I need both at the same time. It should be possible to search for ANY field using a format locator (like order number, delivery note number, delivery date, cost centre, ...)
Kind Regards,
Wolfgang Radl
KOFAX Sales Engineer
wolfgang.radl@kofax.com
Participant

Postby bollingm@saic.com » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:51 am

Merge it with INDICIUS.
bollingm@saic.com
Participant

Postby dkekesi » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:36 am

bollingm@saic.com wrote:Merge it with INDICIUS.
That will not happen anytime soon, as AXP was always meant to be a separate product.
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
dkekesi
Participant

Postby dkekesi » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:51 am

Here's a couple more:
* Kofax should hire a usability expert for designing and testing user interface behavior.
The reasons (these might very well be bugs):
* If you're manually filling table cells with data by clicking on the scanned image and you want to advance to the next table cell field by pressing TAB or ENTER, you cannot. AXP Validation will step out of the table. You have to actually click into the next cell... not too productive.
* You cannot use interpolate rows in AXP validation to auto complete a table if you have more than one row in the table. Moreover, you have to highlight the first row of the table to use interpolation... again, not too productive.
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
dkekesi
Participant

Postby bollingm@saic.com » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:40 am

dkekesi wrote:
bollingm@saic.com wrote:Merge it with INDICIUS.
That will not happen anytime soon, as AXP was always meant to be a separate product.

Yeah, I figured it would be wishful thinking. From and end-user standpoint, support and learning both sometimes can be a headache.
bollingm@saic.com
Participant

Postby dkekesi » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:31 am

Some more again:
* allow to change the order of regular expressions in a format locator
* allow to enable/disable keywords in the format locator evaluation settings without deleting them
* allow to change the order of keywords in the format locator evaluation settings
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
dkekesi
Participant

Postby Skip16 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:24 pm

- Allow reordering of fields, not only locators.
- Let the DefaultAmountFormatter, KB and IHL handle negative amounts correctly.
- Create more events for example Batch Opening, Closing Events, etc. Look in Advanced Forms for inspiration.
- Burn Sax Basic and implement .net scripting like as in Kofax Capture 8.0
- Fix the table field, weird focus issue's, problems with adding, deleting rows trough script in validation.
- Create a decent Evaluator Locator, it still gives sometimes empty KB/IHL values.
- If you have a ' in your batchname the statistics releasescript will fail.

And more soon....
Skip16
Participant

Postby dkekesi » Tue May 06, 2008 11:08 am

Multiple formatters for a field (like you can assign multiple validation rules). That way you could make some basic formatters, which could be reused all over the place.
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
dkekesi
Participant

Postby Guillaume Melchior » Tue May 06, 2008 10:03 pm

And again :

- More script / design options in Validation Forms. It is really the weak point of AXP.

- Possibility to merge or separate pages after validation. then you can have multiple Validation forms for each pages of a same document.
An idea is to merge XDoc in custom modules when you merge Pages.

- Some copy/paste in the project structure pane (for classes), and not only move/delete options.

- Parameters to define foldering, like in AC7.5.

- Inherit aff all parameters between parent class fields and sub-classes fields (maybe it's a bug for now).
Guillaume Melchior
Participant

Your contribution is needed: Feature Requests for AXP!

Postby jschneider » Sat May 31, 2008 7:17 am

Another suggestion for Sax Basic Language:
- Make scrip language parameters case independant and/or bring them also as a auto-fill-in list.
- When you enter object parameters from the auto suggestion in Sax, there is also a line feed. I you have a long cascade of object parameters, sometimes you have do delete 5...10 empty lines. ex: Access to a table field
- the delete button doesn't work always well (I use AXP v3.1 SP2)
Locator suggestion
- let the tablelocater create field alternatives

Kindly Regards, Johan
jschneider
Participant

Postby dkekesi » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:53 am

Some new:
* KTM has added tabs to Validation forms, but I'd really like to see multiple independently dockable indexing areas. Like, for example, one area could hold regular index fields while another would have the table fields. That way you could organize screen real estate very efficiently: index fields next to the image viewer, and the other area with tables spreading along the whole bottom/top of the screen. Currently I have a hard time with 11 column tables even on my 24 inch monitor using 1920*1280. Now imagine the average 17-19 inch display of an operator (1280*1024 max. and tiny characters). Seeehs.
* Table locator should create alternatives for each algorithm (amounts based, header based, etc), and not just selecting the "best" one. Add confidence to the alternatives and we have a pretty usable system plus the possibility to script the hell out of the data that all 5 algorithms present.
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
dkekesi
Participant

Postby dkekesi » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:37 am

Here's another: custom "error descriptions" for the built in formatters and validation types. Right now you're stuck with default English error messages if you use a date formatter, standard validation, etc. I really like the way it is implemented in the regular expression validation type.
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
dkekesi
Participant

Next

Return to Kofax Transformation Modules General Discussion