Auto-Import from messageplus/open to Ascent Capture

Auto-Import from messageplus/open to Ascent Capture

Postby bleip » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:28 am

Hello. I am having an issue with trying to set up our Fax Server w/ Intercope MessagePlus/Open to auto-import documents into a batch class within Kofax Ascent Capture. Our production environment, which was set up by IBM consultants, operates normally. In development, when trying to auto-import a fax document into a batch class in Kofax Ascent capture, we receive the following error in the autoimpo.log file:

START:2/25/2009 10:46:35 AM,02.25/09,10:46:35
C:\messageplus\gtwkfx\indexer\R001D001.tif
END:02/25/09,10:46:36,0x6b6f,1,An error occurred while importing the file
"C:\messageplus\gtwkfx\indexer\R001D001.tif". - Bad Filename Or Number: Error
originally reported by Image Controls: 52 "Bad Filename Or Number"

If we manually import the same image (same filename from same directory) into Kofax Ascent Capture, everything works fine. Does anyone have any ideas? Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
bleip
Participant

Re: Auto-Import from messageplus/open to Ascent Capture

Postby rpapa » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:07 pm

are you doing this on the same station?

have you seen:
http://knowledgebase.kofax.com/faqsearc ... ?QAID=4523

if you do a search on bad file or number a couple of results show up pointing some permission error.
rpapa
Participant

Re: Auto-Import from messageplus/open to Ascent Capture

Postby bleip » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:09 am

I did see that. Thanks. It's strange becasue I am an admin on the box and I can create directories or copy files to the Ascent Capture Images working folder for the batch class without problems. I can manually create a batch and do a software import and it works fine. However, when messageplus/open launches Ascent Capture, we get the "Bad Filename Or Number: 52" error. I believe the error is an Ascent Capture generated error becasue it's in the Ascent Capture error log as well as MessagePlus/Open error log.
bleip
Participant

Return to Product - Auto Import