Are you required to buy maintenance when you add scan volume

Are you required to buy maintenance when you add scan volume

Postby cbuchan » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:31 pm

I bought Ascent Capture 7.5 at the first of the year and bought a license for 300k scans. The project went well and I wanted to add another license for 1 million scans per year to my existing 300k scans. My vendor is saying that Kofax told her that I have to buy maintenance with this 1M new scans? Is that true?
cbuchan
Participant

Postby russell@centuryc.com » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:58 pm

SWA (Software Assurance) is based on a percentage of the list price. If you're adding to the license, then yes, your maintenance increases.

I'm not sure how they are figuring this out, but I'll guess that you need to buy the first year's maintenance on the 1M and then come next year when the 300K gets renewed, you'll pay the 300K plus a pro-rated on the 1M so expire together in 2010.
russell@centuryc.com
Participant

Re: Are you required to buy maintenance when you add scan volume

Postby romel » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:32 pm

i also have this issue.. right now, i have a volume license of 20M a year but since we'd increased of volume this year, i'm running out of pages. and it seems that it will not gonna make it before the renewal date. i need to get an additional volume license.

any ideas on how can i purchase an additional volume license?
romel
Participant

Postby russell@centuryc.com » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:00 pm

I'd contact the people you bought it from. They should be able to help you out.
Russell
russell@centuryc.com
Participant

Postby omeyrer » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:33 am

For an one time PageCount (available 300K and 1Mio), there ist no additional Maintenance.

Here is a part of Kofax Mail i received on Sept. 11:
Clarification on One-Time Page Count Volume Usage and Support Policy:
One-time use page count volumes are available for several Kofax products including Kofax Capture and Kofax Transformation Modules. These one-time use page count volumes do not renew. Also, first year Support is required for one-time use page count volume and is calculated based on the total list price of the one-time use page count volume. Support is not renewed for one-time use page count volume.

For regulary Volume Increase is Maintenance recommended, calculated for one year and after this it will be pro rated to your renewal date.

/OM
omeyrer
Participant

Return to Ascent Licensing and Configurations (EMEA)