How to delete erroneous Scanner Profiles ?

How to delete erroneous Scanner Profiles ?

Postby Fred Wagner » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:57 pm

I've got an office where the paper to be scanned has to be handled creatively -sometimes landscape, sometimes portrait headfirst, sometimes portrait toes first, sometimes with separator pages, sometimes not.
My operators have managed to save some erroneous configurations, mis-spellings, etc. How can I get rid of the Scanner configurations I don't want ?
Kofax & FileNet CS - city of Long Beach
Fred Wagner
Participant

Re: How to delete erroneous Scanner Profiles ?

Postby David » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:01 am

Fred Wagner wrote:I've got an office where the paper to be scanned has to be handled creatively -sometimes landscape, sometimes portrait headfirst, sometimes portrait toes first, sometimes with separator pages, sometimes not.
My operators have managed to save some erroneous configurations, mis-spellings, etc. How can I get rid of the Scanner configurations I don't want ?

As I remembers it, you edit the ini files involved. Look in the kb for backup and restore of scanner profiles and you will see what files are involved.
As I remembers it offhandley from AC 7.x, you have two types of ini-files, one with a complete list, and then antoher ini-file per profile.

You can also look at this http://knowledgebase.kofax.com/faqsearch/results.aspx?QAID=299 :D
(I just searched for 'scanner profiles')

This is not a "license and configurations "issue is it :wink:
If you make it idiot-proof, someone will make a better idiot.
David
Participant

Return to Ascent Licensing and Configurations (EMEA)