Rebuild of a scan station

Rebuild of a scan station

Postby » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:50 am

Hi,
I've recently had to rebuild a scan station because it kept crashing. I've installed the Ascent Capture software (7.5) and re imorted the Batch classes. The configuration is a client - server set up with only one scan station at present.

However I now get the error 'COM error: [8010] AcLicImp: License not found. Your current license does not support this feature. (License 35) etc...

As far as I'm aware there have been no other changes other than a chang of scan station hardware. Any suggestions gratefully received!

Thanks,
Rob
Participant

Re: Rebuild of a scan station

Postby » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:46 pm

First question, how did you re-install Ascent? The fact you said you imported the batch classes make me suspect you installed it as a Stand-alone. You have to install it from the WrkInst folder. And when yo do that, the Batch Classes will already be there since they are stored on the server. If this is a ACIS remote, then you've installed correctly, but you need to make it a remote station so it can get it's license from the Central site (and be sure to check the profiles - you may need to associate this new station with the correct remote profile.)

The other issue might be VRS, but that's not the message I've seen over VRS licensing problems.
Russell
Participant

Postby » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:27 am

Hi Russell,
Thanks for the reply, my mistake, I did in fact install it from the WrkInst folder and the batch classes where there. I was only during trouble shooting that I deleted them and re-imported them. I believe that the real issue is down to a missing service pack and the fact that the VRS licence is tied to a particular machine which Kofax are looking to reset for me.

Thanks,
Rob
Participant

Postby » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:55 am

The stand-alone VRS license is tied to the MAC address of the machine, so you should be able to enter and activate it with no problems - assuming you are using the same hardware.

Was the VRS license was shipped as part of the scanner, without an activation key?
Russell
Participant

Return to Ascent Licensing and Configurations (EMEA)