Wrong verions activated

Wrong verions activated

Postby aherman » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:35 am

New PC running windows 7. Have loaded and installed version 10, sP 1. When the license activation is done, it shows as licensed for version 8. Have tried automatic and manual. On manual get a code for 10, activate is successful but shows version 8. I am unable to get software maintenance renewal until I can show this is at 10. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Alison Herman
aherman
Participant

Re: Wrong verions activated

Postby russell@centuryc.com » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:24 am

aherman wrote:On manual get a code for 10, activate is successful but shows version 8.

That's strange. Either it shouldn't activate or it should show 10.

aherman wrote:I am unable to get software maintenance renewal until I can show this is at 10.

I've never seen Kofax care about what the license utility shows. They just want the serial number. They can get the rest of the needed information from their servers. I would press this issue with whoever is telling you this has to be fixed before renewal.
Russell
russell@centuryc.com
Participant

Postby dkekesi » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:55 am

Renewal is more expensive if you're not on the last two versions (at least in Europe). Kofax says that this is because they have to keep extra staff to handle any problems for old versions :roll: I was asked many times to tell what the customer version was before we got a quote for the SUA.
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
dkekesi
Participant

Postby russell@centuryc.com » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:54 pm

As far as I know, Kofax only supports KC9 and 10. If you're running anything older then that, either you've got a special arrangement or you're on your own. But if you're under maintenance, you can upgrade at no cost. A time or two I've been able to beg for support by saying that they are in the process of upgrading. But maybe Kofax plays a little differently in the US.

Usually the reason people run older (unsupported versions) is that they've missed or dropped maintenance.

Either way, I'd think Kofax would be interested in the version of Kofax running (Help | About), not what the license manager says.
Russell
russell@centuryc.com
Participant

Return to Ascent Licensing and Configurations (EMEA)