EBC Licensing & Installation

EBC Licensing & Installation

Postby » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:32 pm

One of our clients recently moved from AC6.1 to a new AC7.5 environment. All the batch classes were exported from 6.1 and imported into 7.5. Other than changing the release script details to now use a DM system all seems to work except the recognition of barcodes on colour or greyscale scanned images.

They have 2 EBC station dongles, as before. The Recognition module runs as a service on the server. Do I need to install some software on the server (AIPE/EBC, etc)...if so what.

I have been told by our reseller that the this client has an EBC Server software license and 2 hardware workstation licenses (USB dongles), but getting confused on what should be where and what needs to be installed?

Thanks
Participant

Postby » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:08 am

Have you tried connecting one of the EBC dongles to the server machine that is running the recognition module? I assume that you want to recognize the barcodes in this module, rather then in the scanning module.
Participant

Postby » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:14 am

No, I have not tried this.

The documentation for installing Ascent Capture suggests that the Recognition module needs to recognise barcodes for greyscale and colour images but then this is not confirmed in any other documentation.

Is it just a case of connecting the USB dongle...??? Do I need to install anything else separate from AC7.5 itself...???

Thanks
Participant

Postby » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:31 am

As far as I know, you simply have to connect the parallel or USB (depends on the purchase date) to the machine. There is no need to install additional components, as everything necessary (ImageControls) comes already with the Ascent Capture installation. I hope it’s working out for you.
Participant

Postby » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:37 am

Thanks. I will ask the client to try it and let you know how we get on.
Participant

Postby » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:11 pm

Thomas, I visited the client yesterday to try his out and it worked.

However, when we took one of the EBC hardware keys off one of the scan workstations and connected it to the server, that particular scan workstation was no longer able to do document separation on barcodes for greyscale and colour images.

This suggests they need hardware keys for the scan workstations and also the server.

We have passed this onto our support contacts to confirm.

I would have thought some kind of software engine could be installed on the server instead of the hardware key, to get it all working, but guess I'll soon find out.

Thanks for your useful help
Participant

Postby » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:37 pm

you can also license the ebc on the ascent hardware key, as wellas vrs keys. this is working fine
Participant

Return to Ascent Licensing and Configurations (EMEA)