Registering custom EC in ECM

Kofax Capture Export Release Scripts

Registering custom EC in ECM

Postby gregh » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:07 pm

Hello all,

I'm trying to create a custom XML export connector. I've been working with Kofax for some time, but this is the first time I've been doing any custom coding for anything other than Validation.

I'm using the KCEC-Text source provided with Kofax9 as a basis for my EC. I had trouble compiling the source to begin with, but was able to do so after following the steps at http://knowledgebase.kofax.com/faqsearc ... QAID=13968 .

One thing that tripped me up was the project asking for a file called CommonAssemblyInfo.vb. I copied the existing AssemblyInfo.vb file from the "My Project" folder to the path the project was referencing and commented out the duplicate Assembly details. In AssemblyInfo.vb, I changed the Title and Description, and incremented the GUID by one. I also changed the Assembly Name in the project properties, but the only code change I made was to the setup window title bar text. At this point, I am just looking for proof of concept that I can successfully integrate my custom EC with Kofax.

After compiling my .dll, I registered it using regasm on the Kofax server with the /tlb option as suggested. The command output was "Types Registered Successfully" and a .tlb file was created.

I created an .inf file to spec with the Kofax 9 dev guide using the KCEC-Text.inf as a basis. This, and the .dll I compiled and registered, are located in the ServLib\Bin folder, as mentioned in the documentation.

When I try to add my EC in the Export Connector Manager, I select my .inf, and the text I provided is shown. After clicking "Install", I get a "Registration Complete" message: but nothing new shows up in EC Manager.

What am I missing here? I would expect it's something obvious as I'm not overly familiar with building .dll's in VB or registering them with .NET. Any hints would be greatly appreciated, as I'd really like to ensure I can register my custom EC before I start getting into the nitty-gritty coding.

Many thanks,

Greg
gregh
Participant

Return to Kofax Capture Export Connector - ERP