Using Kofax Desktop 2.0 with VRS

Using Kofax Desktop 2.0 with VRS

Postby » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:08 pm

I currently use VRS V4.2. I have avoided upgrading to V 4.5 because up till now I have not wanted to loose the scan to desktop functionality. I use a fujitsu FI-6130 scanner.

If I get Kofax Desktop 2.0 will I be able to use kofax VRS wtih it?
Thanks
Participant

Re: Using Kofax Desktop 2.0 with VRS

Postby » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:56 am

Yes, Kofax Desktop is a separate application from Kofax VRS and operate independently of each other.
It is a much different application than the Desktop Productivity features you are referring to that were once included with VRS.
However, please keep the following in mind, as per knowledge base article 12032:
Installing the Kofax Desktop software replaces the existing VRS 4.2 Desktop Productivity shortcuts and menus and uninstalling the Kofax Desktop software will not restore all of the VRS 4.2 Desktop Productivity shortcuts . To restore the VRS 4.2 Desktop Productivity shortcuts, Kofax Desktop should be uninstalled and VRS 4.2 should be reinstalled.
Participant

Postby » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:46 pm

Thank you for your reply. What I would also like to know is if I can use VRS as the printer with Kofax desktop? I used the trial of Kofax desktop v1 and found that I was unable to use vrs with the kofax desktop profiles. Is that still the case with Kofax desktop version 2.0?
Participant

Postby » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:27 am

I'm not sure what you are referring to by the term 'Printer', but no, VRS and Kofax Desktop do not share profile information. They are both entirely separate applications.
Participant

Postby » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:04 am

Sorry I used the word printer instead of scanner. My original question remains unanswered so I decided to install Kofax desktop.

On installing Kofax desktop I could not select a VRS as the scanner source. When I opened up the list of scanners available the only scanner present was my default twain scanner. Is there a way to select the Kofax scanner as the scanner to use with the Kofax desktop?
Thank you
Participant

Postby » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:33 am

Kofax Desktop is a separate and independent application from VRS. It does not share either VRS profile or scan source information. Kofax Desktop uses TWAIN or WIA drivers instead of ISIS driver. Although Kofax Desktop utilizes some of the same image enhancement technology found in VRS, it does not offer the same features as VRS, and cannot be used with other applications.
Participant

Return to Kofax Desktop General Discussion