Kofax Desktop Shared Scan Profile

Kofax Desktop Shared Scan Profile

Postby ejdolski » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:23 am

I want to 'force' out a default profile that our users will use when fast scanning documents from Kofax Desktop into Outlook 2007. Is there a way to either

A) Modify the "canned" profiles automatically created when a user logs onto the machine

or

B) Create a new profile which you can have created / shared out to all users that log onto the machine.

Obviously, I've been able to create custom scanning profiles, but whenever a different user logs onto the machine, the profile I just created doesn't show up within the available scan profiles list. I do not want to have my users have to create a new profile for every different user that logs onto this machine.
ejdolski
Participant

Re: Kofax Desktop Shared Scan Profile

Postby john.killinger » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:18 pm

Custom profiles are stored in the following folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data\Kofax\KofaxDesktop\Profiles

You will need to copy the custom profile into each user's folder.

Thanks,

John
john.killinger
Participant

Postby ejdolski » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:47 am

John thanks for the info, but is there a way for the software to automatically copy these profiles to all existing and new users that login to the machine?

Thanks,

Eric
ejdolski
Participant

Postby david.tankersley@kofax.com » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:49 am

Hello Erick,

Kofax Desktop was not designed as a multi-user application and so custom profiles are only created in the user's directory as noted by John.
The engineers for Kofax Desktop do monitor this forum and this capability may be added to future versions, but saving profiles as you desire is not an option at this time.
david.tankersley@kofax.com
Participant

Return to Kofax Desktop General Discussion