No Paper on ADF Error Code DS32003

No Paper on ADF Error Code DS32003

Postby » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:32 am

I'm using Kofax Desktop on a Fujitsu fi-6240; twain driver and external setting. It worked just fine most of the day yesterday until I got this error AFTER the pages were pulled through the ADF and seemed to scan normally: "Twain driver: No paper on ADF paper chute or Hopper. (Code DS32003.)" Then it gives the options of Retry or Cancel. The pages pulled through fine as if they were successfully scanned but the document doesn't transfer to the file. I hit Cancel (retry only gives the same message) and get a Kofax popup window that reads "Scanner is out of paper." Please help! I have heaps of documents that need to be scanned asap.

Thanks!
Participant

Re: No Paper on ADF Error Code DS32003

Postby » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:12 pm

It looks like Desktop is waiting for a signal from the TWAIN driver that the scanning is complete.

What happens if you try scanning in Kofax Mode instead of External Mode? Do you get the same behavior?
Participant

Postby » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:58 pm

john.killinger wrote:It looks like Desktop is waiting for a signal from the TWAIN driver that the scanning is complete.

What happens if you try scanning in Kofax Mode instead of External Mode? Do you get the same behavior?

I've looked more closely at what seems to be happening. It will scan fine for awhile (external mode) then randomly changes to native mode and that's when I get the error.
Participant

Postby » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:30 am

So you are saying that you actually do scan fine in Kofax mode, but that the error is encountered after the software somehow switches to native mode?
When you switch back to Kofax mode, are you able to continue scanning?
What operating system are you using?
Participant

Postby » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:33 am

I was scanning in External mode which was working great until I got the error. Then I noticed that somehow the setting was changed (without me doing it) from External to Kofax mode. I am able to scan (for now) in Kofax mode. I'm using Windows 7 64bit.
Participant

Postby » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:20 am

Kofax mode will give you more options than external mode and is the recommended mode unless, as with some scanners, Kofax mode does not work and Native mode is the only option.
If Kofax mode is working for you, please scan with it for the day and let us know if the issue returns.
Participant

Postby » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:42 am

How does Kofax mode give me more options? What other options? In External mode the little window pops up and lets me change all kinds of things (ADF Simplex, ADF Duplex, Flatbed, DPI, Color, Page Size, etc.) In Kofax mode I don't get any options other than what was saved in Kofax application. I use the right click to scan to file option so it just scans with whatever the saved profile is. With External mode I can change the settings "on the fly" depending on the document I'm scanning. Kofax mode does not allow me to do that.
Participant

Postby » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:17 am

Have you created any scan profiles in Kofax mode? by creating a custom scan profile in the Kofax Desktop UI, you can then rt-click and scan using your custom profile. If you are always using the same general settings, this is a good advantage.
It is true that you won't be able to change settings on the fly unless you are scanning through the Desktop UI as you can with Native mode scanning.
For more information about Kofax mode Vs. Native mode scanning, see QAID 12436
http://knowledgebase.kofax.com/faqsearch/results.aspx?QAID=12436

Also see your online help for more information. Typically this is found here:

File:///C:/Program Files/posting.php?mode=reply&f=156&t=1777
..or by clicking the question mark within the Desktop UI.

I hope that helps.
Participant

Return to Kofax Desktop General Discussion