Unable to activate license for Kofax Desktop

Unable to activate license for Kofax Desktop

Postby jnootz » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:29 pm

I searched and only saw one post on this subject.

I put in the license to activate Kofax Desktop. Error box appears that says to activate I need a Internet connection. I do have a Internet connection. A response to the other post was to turn off Firewall. Our computers are on Government network, but I can turn off the Windows firewall. Doing that did not help, I am still getting the error message. I also tried disabling the antivirus thinking maybe it is blocking something, that also did not help. I also disable the firewall and restarted the computer and uninstall and reinstall the software. Nothing helps.

Software installed for BBH Truper scanners. I used the patch - Kofax Desktop 2.0 Cannot Connect To BBH Truper Scanners Patch - for the software to work with the Truper scanner.

Please advise how to activate the software.

Jody
jnootz
Participant

Re: Unable to activate license for Kofax Desktop

Postby jnootz » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:56 pm

Update to my post - I contacted Kofax at 947-727-1733 and spoke to support reps for software. I knew that purchasing Kofax Desktop the only support available was the Forums. But since I did not get a response to my post, the support rep said they would help me find a solution. Several days later and no response back from the support rep. Now the days have run out on the trial version and the two computers with Truper scanners attached are useless.

I was about ready to install an aircard to see if I could get the license to work since it didn't want to work on our network, even though we don't have any problems getting to just about any website out there.

Here is the solution that worked - I dropped the computers from our domain, logged in with a local account, started Kofax Desktop and put in the license key. This time it was able to activate successfully.

If anyone is monitoring these forums, please let Jessica know this has been resolved.

Thanks, Jody
jnootz
Participant

Postby AlKarr » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:42 pm

Jody,

It's a pretty sorry story when you are the only one who replies to your posting. I hope I'm not going to be in the same situation. My problem is that my internet connection does allow me to enter the code, but the next time I log on it shows me still in demo mode. Since you fixed your own problem, I thought you might have some insight on mine. :)

Thanks,

Dan
AlKarr
Participant

Postby david.tankersley@kofax.com » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:55 pm

Hello Jody,

I do know that Jessica is aware of this issue and apologize that your post went unanswered.

Dan,
I have responded to the post you have created and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,
david.tankersley@kofax.com
Participant

Return to Kofax Desktop General Discussion