Custom Scan Profile Settings Being Overridden

Custom Scan Profile Settings Being Overridden

Postby hlasky21 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:44 am

Lately, one of the two scanners our company uses with Kofax Express 2.0, seems to be having some issues with the custom Scan Profile settings we've created. Each time we scan, we verify on the Scan Settings ribbon that the settings on our Black and White Scan Profile are Brightness - 50, Contrast - 50, Gamma - 0, and Advanced Clarity - Checked. However, once the document is fed through the scanner and pulled up for previewing in the VRS ribbon, the settings become Brightness - 50, Contrast - 71, Gamma - 30, and Advanced Clarify - Unchecked. We're not sure where these overriding settings are coming from as none of our other scan profiles have these settings.

We've tried to fix it by deleting the problem Scan Profile and recreating it. However, that seems to fix it until the user logs out and logs back in. Then, the problem happens as if we didn't fix it at all. It is most frustrating!

Recently, we've had similar issues with our Color Scan Profile.

These issues are not happening on our Canon DR9080-C, running on XP operating system. They are happening on our Fujitsu 6770, running on Windows 7 operating system.

Has anyone else had a similar problem with seemingly random settings overriding the custom Scan Profile settings you've created?
hlasky21
Participant

Re: Custom Scan Profile Settings Being Overridden

Postby hlasky21 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:29 pm

I deleted all the custom Scan Profiles as well as the default Scan Profiles. I then restored the default Scan Profiles, reconfigured them appropriately, and the recreated all the custom Scan Profiles. Interestingly, when I restored the default Scan Profiles, the settings were the bad settings that kept overriding the custom Scan Profiles we had created.

Perhaps somehow the default ones got corrupted and, in turn, corrupted the custom ones?
hlasky21
Participant

Re: Custom Scan Profile Settings Being Overridden

Postby angelo » Tue May 10, 2011 3:33 am

Is the Windows 7 operating system a 64 bit system?
Probably you need correct drivers from fujitsu and must also check if there is a component installer in the download page of the support section at http://www.kofax.com/support/Express/2. ... nloads.asp
I had some problems on the fi-6140 scanner and solved them with new drivers form fujitsu.
Angelo
angelo
Participant

Return to Kofax Express General Discussion