Problems with batch export failure

Problems with batch export failure

Postby norpa » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:13 am

Hello everyone, I have come across two problems in Kofax Express 2.0 and would much appreciate any advice and tips to help resolve them.

1-I work with batches of tens of documents and hundreds of images (pages). When exporting a batch sometimes (4 out of 10) the export fails halfway. It is always possible to isolate the problem, only if one closely follows the export process. It usually comes down to a single image that fails to export and aborts the whole process. Once that single image is replaced with rescanned document page the problem goes away. I have not been able to figure out what the problem with those failing images and what corrupts them. The main problem is that my current troubleshooting process is very time consuming, ineffective and significantly slows down my work. Any advice and/or solutions?

2-During the export process Kofax creates .pdf files from each document in the designated folder. But when once the export fails Kofax deletes all the .pdf documetns that have been successfully created up to that point. If I can’t resolve the first problem at least it would help if I could retain the exported files up to the failing point, because that pretty much locates the document with faulty image. That way I won’t have to stay at my desk to closely follow the export process. How can I stop Kofax Express from deleting the files?

Thanks a lot! :?:
norpa
Participant

Re: Problems with batch export failure

Postby cliff.skoglund@kofax.com » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:51 am

Is OCR processing enabled for the PDFs you are exporting?

If so, is the Fast Mode option enabled?

What version of Kofax Express are you using (including Service Packs installed)? You can verify this by opening Kofax Express, going to the Help ribbon, and then selecting About.
cliff.skoglund@kofax.com
Participant

Re: Problems with batch export failure

Postby norpa » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:44 am

OCR is enabled, so is its Fast Mode.

I use version 2.0 and at the time when I encountered the described problem SP1 had been installed.
I just installed SP2 and noticed the notes mention exactly the error message I was getting. Will have to try it now.
However, could still advise on how to stop Kofax from deleting the exported files (see my original post - #2)?
Thank you!
norpa
Participant

Return to Kofax Express General Discussion