Kofax Express 3.1 and Kofax Capture on same computer

Kofax Express 3.1 and Kofax Capture on same computer

Postby Hando Penu » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:43 am

Hi!

Update - As testing shows, it is something You may not encounter as it needs very specific conditions, that exists at the moment on one computer. :?

A warning to all of You - DO NOT install Kofax Express 3.1 to the computer, that has already Kofax Capture installed. It will kill Kofax Capture installation... The reason behind that is that Express 3.1 supports Kofax Capture exports scripts and it does some registry modifications, that redirect some Capture functionality to Express installation.... Result is a big mess.... And Uninstall will not save You, some components/configurations will not be removed up reinstalling Kofax Capture using msiexec, as setup.exe failed to understand, what has happened and ended with obscure error message about OS patch level being too low.

And some comments about Express 3.1 - it has many features that Capture should have had long time ago. Now it supports Capture Exports, scripting and has built-in VRS elite. And it has network Client/Server installation also.

Hando
Last edited by Hando Penu on Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hando Penu
Participant

Re: Kofax Express 3.1 and Kofax Capture on same computer

Postby Hando Penu » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:18 am

Update to this -
It seems, that this problem is not widespread. I have succeeded to get strange effects only on one computer. Tests with Windows XP do not have any anomalies and programs work as they should.

Hando
Hando Penu
Participant

Postby rpapa » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:30 am

what version of Capture did you have problems with KE 3.1?
rpapa
Participant

Postby Hando Penu » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:15 pm

Hi!

Originally I had:
KC10 + KTM + e-transactions + electronic documents 2
KE 3.0
Then I upgraded KE3 to 3.1 and this caused problems. I have not tried to replicate this full sequence yet (not enough time....). Results from this setup caused very strange side effects - for some reason windows decided, that KC10 setup must be run in compatibility mode... And KC did not install at all, complained that Vista SP1 is required. Removing those settings from registry helped (there is article about it in KB). And third installation of KE3.1 worked, but uninstallation took some KC registry keys with it...

Tested KC10 + KE3.1 in VM and it works, no problems. And KC must be installed first :)
It seems, that there are some conditions, when KE does not detect KC installation and behaves like it is alone.

Hando
Hando Penu
Participant

Return to Kofax Express General Discussion