Capture Export Connector with Express

Capture Export Connector with Express

Postby DavidCrewe » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:05 am

I have a strange problem, and hoping somebody might be able to shed some light on it...

I have a custom export connector based on the KC9 text export connector. I can register this with Express successfully.

However, when I go to setup for this connector, I get the following error - Unable to open the setup component of export connector export_connector_name in job job_name - when export_connector_name and job_name are the relevant names.

If I rebuild the solution, and run Express through Visual Studio in debug mode, the connector works every time. It also stays working after I close Visual Studio.

If I then locally re-register the dll that was created during Visual Studio debug mode above step, the connector stops working with the above error coming back.

I'm guessing some strange dependency but I'm not having any luck finding what one.

It's frustrating as I know the connector can and does work with Express...

Any suggestions would be most welcome.
David Crewe

Check out our set of custom add-ons for Kofax Capture - www.DavidCrewe.com/products.html
DavidCrewe
Participant

Re: Capture Export Connector with Express

Postby russell@centuryc.com » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:20 am

As an idea, have you tried looking at other "sample" Connectors to see if there's something they have that's missing from yours?

I do know I've had problems with the INI files in Capture. Seems like you have to put the fully qualified path in the connector's INI for it to work. ("." isn't valid for "here") Maybe a similar stupid thing going on with Express?
Russell
russell@centuryc.com
Participant

Re: Capture Export Connector with Express

Postby DavidCrewe » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:21 am

I've tried every possible combination I can think of. And no luck...
David Crewe

Check out our set of custom add-ons for Kofax Capture - www.DavidCrewe.com/products.html
DavidCrewe
Participant

Return to Kofax Express General Discussion