Kofax Report Viewer not getting data

Kofax Report Viewer not getting data

Postby bmcgregor » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:23 am

I am having an issue with the Kofax Report Viewer as it is no longer displaying data from recent days. It works fine for all data up until November 21st at 11:20 am, from that point on the reports return no data.

I am worried that it might be a problem with the SQL server not writing to the tables used in the reports or some other SQL server issue.

We are running Kofax 10 Service Pack 2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
bmcgregor
Participant

Re: Kofax Report Viewer not getting data

Postby russell@centuryc.com » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:00 pm

How big is your SQL database? I think the SQL Express used as the standard Kofax database has a size limit. Something like 2GB? You may need to purge some stats.
Russell
russell@centuryc.com
Participant

Postby bmcgregor » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:15 pm

We have found the queries behind the standard reports and they are returning nothing for any date after the 21st, so it looks like nothing is being written to those tables.

The ACSystem.mdf is just over 2 GB, but the limit for SQL Express 2008 is supposed to be 4GB.

We are trying a Compact, using the DBUtil.exe, to see if that will get us below 2 GB and if so will any future data be written to the report tables.
bmcgregor
Participant

Postby shaaric » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:13 am

I don't see that anyone posted a resolution to not getting current data from Kofax Report Viewer. We don't routinely use the report viewer, but recently needed to get some information from it and found we don't have any data for several months. We are using KC 10.1 (fp 8). The ACSystem.mdf in less than 2 GB. Our scan workstations are KCNS workstations. Are there settings or a way I can see if statistics are being written or a way to turn these off/on? (relatively new with the Kofax support)
shaaric
Participant

Postby russell@centuryc.com » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:40 pm

shaaric wrote:or a way to turn these off/on?

I'd check this:

Admin module > "Tools" tab. Make sure that "Tracking" under "Users & Groups) is "lit" (orange). This icon is on the far left of the ribbon. Without that being activated, I don't know as Kofax will keep any stats.

I do know you have to be a little bit careful about it - the default database is only good for 2 GB of data or so. Once that fills up, then Kofax drops dead until you purge. Last I knew, all purging is manual. You don't have to be paranoid about it - it will likely take years to fill. But it's embarrassing to find you've booby trapped yourself.
Russell
russell@centuryc.com
Participant

Return to Kofax Capture General Discussion