KC10.2 ignores remote site profile change

KC10.2 ignores remote site profile change

Postby bclaman » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:16 am

I have KC10.2.0.1 servers and am upgrading the remote sites to match. It's a completely different environment than our KC9 system. I first tried an actual upgrade by selecting "install a remote site" and letting it upgrade version 9. That all seemed to go fine but when I ran the new Batch Manager and tried to change the Web server URL to the new central site, it went through the motions but then never changed. And the logs were all having a fit about different version of license.

So I then uninstalled all of KC9 including removing any residue left in the programdata and program files (x86) folders and then installed the KC10.2 remote site again. That install went fine and attached without issue to the new central site that is KC10.2. However now it will not let me update the remote site profile at the remote site. No matter how many times I sync or download batch classes it always offers only the batch classes I had defined in the default profile. Even though I have changed the server remote profile in the site manager.

I have a feeling it will magically work tomorrow but that's useless for training today.

Anyone have an idea how to fix this?
bclaman
Participant

Re: KC10.2 ignores remote site profile change

Postby bclaman » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:04 am

as a follow-up the remote sites eventually did pick up the correct group definitions (after at least a day - not sure on exact time). I also found that if I created a profile with a name that matched the site name it would switch on the first sync.
bclaman
Participant

Return to Kofax Capture General Discussion