VB.Net Validation Check for Suspend

VB.Net Validation Check for Suspend

Postby ericvolkelbarno » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:12 am

Hello,

Is there anyway during Validation, in a VB.NET script, to tell if the user has attempted to Suspend the batch?

I realize that Validation methods are processed at Suspend time, but, would like to follow a different path, with a different set of options, if the user initiated a Suspend operation.

Thank you very much,

eric volkel-barno
ericvolkelbarno
Participant

Re: VB.Net Validation Check for Suspend

Postby DavidCrewe » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:28 am

You aren't going to be able to get this in a Validation script, but you may be able to use a Custom Panel in Validation depending on what the requirement is.

QAID18662

It might end up being a little messy trying to do some work in a Validation script and some in a Custom Panel... if it doesn't need to be interactive with the Validation user then maybe a Workflow Agent would be better as this has access to all the Index Fields as well as the Batch information such as Close State etc.
David Crewe

Check out our set of custom add-ons for Kofax Capture - www.DavidCrewe.com/products.html
DavidCrewe
Participant

Re: VB.Net Validation Check for Suspend

Postby ericvolkelbarno » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:15 am

Hello David,

Thanks for the reply. I apologize I didn't respond earlier; I didn't receive a notification email like I usually do.

I did learn one thing, a Suspend operation can be countermanded by throwing a validation exception during the post document method... which is really what I was after.

During Post Doc the code checks for required values, and if any are missing, notifies the user and gives them the choice to fix... if they choose to fix, a validation error is thrown, thus returning focus to the index fields, otherwise, the document is rejected.

Thanks again,

eric
ericvolkelbarno
Participant

Return to Kofax Capture General Discussion