Kofax 10 Barcode recognition

Kofax 10 Barcode recognition

Postby ddavydov » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:45 pm

We are converting from Kofax capture 9.0 to 10.2.
Now we ran into a problem with reading 39 barcodes in scanning and recognition modules.
VRS 5.1, that we use now, can't recognize them with all image quality enhancements, and recognition module can't do it either with any possible recognition profile cleanups.
The only thing helps if we double barcodes in size.
Did anyone experienced something similar, and has suggestions to fix this problem?
ddavydov
Participant

Re: Kofax 10 Barcode recognition

Postby russell@centuryc.com » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:33 pm

I suspect one of the image quality enhancements that you turned on with VRS 5.1 is the culprit. It doesn't take much. Anything that thins or thickens the lines will play havoc. And make sure you're still scanning at the original DPI.
Russell
russell@centuryc.com
Participant

Postby ddavydov » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:24 am

Thank you Russell.
I was trying to adjust the quality but it did not help unless print quality of the document is superb. In real life it is not the case plus documents go through peoples hands that doesn't enhance quality. On a top of it my scan operators sometimes do adjustments. In previous versions of VRS all these factors did not meter. Now when I make the image a little lighter, Kofax can't even recognize a patch code.
The only case when everything is OK it when we do not install VRS, and use the demo version of VRS Elite.
ddavydov
Participant

Postby russell@centuryc.com » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:49 pm

That's strange. I run VRS 4.5 and 5.1. No problems.

One thing you should do, for the VRS 5.x (Elite), make sure "Multicore Processing" is turned off. Having it on/auto can create some odd things.
Russell
russell@centuryc.com
Participant

Return to Kofax Capture General Discussion