KC10.1 autostart Recognition on client station?

KC10.1 autostart Recognition on client station?

Postby Pavel Berezin » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:33 pm

Hi all.
I'm using simple batchclass (on central site) with steps: scan-recog-validation-pdfgen-export to file. In user profile i have one group (for client workstations) with assigned steps Scan, Recog, Valitaion - to prevent clients to start Pdfgen & Export locally. On central site I'm running Pdfgen & Export processes to poll batches in queue - it's fine.

But, can I automate scan-recog-validation sequence on client stations? What i need: kofax operator creates batch, runs processing (Scan - on client), then when closes batch in scan module, it would be good to start next step Recognition automatic (on client - with minimal latency), then start Validation (also automatic, on client station).

Is there API for "programm start" steps in custom workflow? I suppose, workflow can only route batch to some step, but then user need to click "Process" in batchmanager manually. How to automate it?
Pavel Berezin
Participant

Re: KC10.1 autostart Recognition on client station?

Postby russell@centuryc.com » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:44 pm

If the main thing you want is no delay, then you need to open up port 2424 so the service gets notice there's a batch waiting for it. You could run those modules as a service on the client machine, but it won't be any faster and you'd chew up a Kofax station license for each client running the service.
Russell
russell@centuryc.com
Participant

Postby Pavel Berezin » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:21 pm

Yes, i know about service. But problem is - client stations used time-to-time, and it's not good idea to consume +1 license all the day.

I thout - I can calling some API, when firing event OnCloseBatch (in Scan step, or after - when some custom workflow module starts), to run fp.exe on client, then, when fp (Recognition step) ends, - some another event OnEndRecogintion (or workflow after recognition step) runs index.exe (validation step).

Thus - steps on client starting only when user need, and consume license more effectively.
Pavel Berezin
Participant

Postby russell@centuryc.com » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:22 pm

You might be able to code a workflow that will do that. But you'd have to give the user rights to run the module.
Russell
russell@centuryc.com
Participant

Postby Pavel Berezin » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:33 pm

Yes, now i trying it on VB. There is ways to run exe-file on client (windows shell functions, WSH, createobject etc.).

But maybe in kofax is there some internal API to call "click "Process batch" button in Batch manager" ? Maybe some DLL function?
Pavel Berezin
Participant

Postby russell@centuryc.com » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:34 pm

I'm not aware of that. But I think there is some switches where you can launch a module and tell it what batch to process. That way the workflow can launch the module like Batch Manager would have done.
Russell
russell@centuryc.com
Participant

Postby Pavel Berezin » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:37 pm

ок. Thnx.
Pavel Berezin
Participant

Return to Kofax Capture General Discussion