Upgrade - Capture 10 or KTA

Upgrade - Capture 10 or KTA

Postby Roman Powidajko » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:32 pm

We are currently on Capture 9 and have some cycles where we would like to upgrade to a newer version.

Should we look at Capture 10 or move to the KTA product? We are very comfortable with the Capture 9 internals and would find the upgrade to Capture 10 easier, that being said, KTA seems like it offers more features - but at a cost (training, effort, etc.)

Your input would be appreciated.

Roman
Roman Powidajko
Participant

Re: Upgrade - Capture 10 or KTA

Postby russell@centuryc.com » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:24 pm

Unless I'm missing something, I think that's like asking if you should buy a compact car or a pickup truck - it depends on what you're doing.

But I'll be interested in seeing the response. Is KTA's scanning any competition for Capture?
Russell
russell@centuryc.com
Participant

Postby Roman Powidajko » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:37 am

The Capture 9 product has met all our needs and requirements.... The incentive to switch to KTA is very attractive and possibly a limited time offer.

Anyone?
Roman Powidajko
Participant

Postby russell@centuryc.com » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:30 am

Before you jump, make sure you know what your maintenance costs will be. An attractive entry could be hiding a higher annual cost in a year or two.

Price aside, what is it in KTA that attracts you?

As you've probably noticed, this forum seems to be very quiet. I'm not sure why. Perhaps too well hidden. There's a user group on LinkedIn that's more active. You might have some luck there.
Russell
russell@centuryc.com
Participant

Postby Roman Powidajko » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:28 am

A major concern is, where will the Capture product be in 3-5 years in comparison to KTA?
Will more development be placed into KTA and Capture slowly falls off the face of the earth?!

Do we 'bit the bullet' now with KTA or ride the Capture wave for another few years....
Roman Powidajko
Participant

Postby bclaman » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:13 am

I just upgraded our environments from KC 9 to 10.2 this past spring. I would suggest that unless you need some specific feature(s) of KTA that you stick with KC10 series for now.

From my viewpoint KTA is designed to be a little more heavy duty with what it can do and you "pay" for it on the admin side trying to learn and use it. If you upgrade KC, then you don't have to learn an all new product right away.

My advice: do the upgrade to KC and also start learning what you can do with KTA then upgrade when you are ready for it - if you find that it will do something for your organization.
bclaman
Participant

Return to Kofax Capture General Discussion