Nested Bardcodes separator sheet

Nested Bardcodes separator sheet

Postby fgalbani » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:07 am

Good morning,
I have a project where the documents have nested barcodes - 3 of 9 - separator sheets. The first separator indicates a 'New Partecipant' and the second indicates a 'New Document'. The sample I have shows the following:
- New Partecipant Barcode separator
-- New Document Barcode Separator
- Document
- Document
- Document
- New Partecipant Barcode separator
- Document
etc.....

Can this be replicated in Capture. I have tried by using Folders and Custom separator with no luck. Thanks
fgalbani
Participant

Re: Nested Bardcodes separator sheet

Postby bclaman » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:28 am

if the person doing the scanning (or the person inserting the separators with the documents) will know when the change of participant happens, you could go with a custom separator using the value of the participant as one of the barcodes that relates to a sticky field so that it continues with that same participant through all of their documents until the next participant.

You probably would need to just have the participant value barcode = "new" (or the actual participant value) vs nothing or some other code like "same" for the other documents within that same participant. Then in the recognition or validation script you could just watch for the nothing or "same" and ignore it so as to not over-write the sticky value. Then when the next participant value comes along, the "new" or actual value would not be ignored and would use the new value....

It's hard to say exactly without seeing what you are doing but generically speaking you could follow that path to get what you need.
bclaman
Participant

Return to Kofax Capture General Discussion