"X" disappears...sometimes

"X" disappears...sometimes

Postby krsmitty » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:39 am

There are times when a document needs to be sent back to "Scan" to be re-scanned. The Techs, while in Validation, Verification or Quality will find a bad document. They then reject the document and the red "X" will show over the document and batch. They then route the batch back to "Scan".

The Techs are saying that when they open the batch back up in Scan, the red "X" is gone and it is not obvious as to which document needs to be re-scanned. It seems to be an intermittent issue. Sometimes, there say there is no X's at all...sometimes there is a X on the document, but not at the batch level.

Anyone have similar situations?

Thanks,
krsmitty
Participant

Re: "X" disappears...sometimes

Postby bclaman » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:23 am

what version of KC are you running?

and you refer to '...when they open the batch back up in Scan, the red "X" is gone...' Does that mean is not routing to QC?

We run 10.2 and I have noticed some strange behavior with it in general. All scanning for us is done at remote sites so I don't typically get to see them doing the QC. However I have noticed that depending on the error, the X is sometimes on the first page of the rejected document and on the document itself (in the batch contents pane) while other times only on the document level.

More irritating than that is the weirdness with the Remote Sync Agent. They now run 3 copies at the same time at the remote site and I don't think it helps. I have been remoted into the server and the remote site and had Batch Manager not be in sync even after syncing. If you delete a batch at the remote site that had already went to the central site once and then returned and then you sync with central site, that batch sometimes sticks around at the central site for another day.
bclaman
Participant

Re: "X" disappears...sometimes

Postby krsmitty » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:41 am

We are 9.0.3.14.

Not always. From what I understand or seen they can route directly from Validation or Verification.

Exactly what we are seeing: "However I have noticed that depending on the error, the X is sometimes on the first page of the rejected document and on the document itself (in the batch contents pane) while other times only on the document level." Then, sometimes not all.
krsmitty
Participant

Return to Kofax Capture General Discussion