Your contribution is needed: Feature Requests for AC!

Re: Your contribution is needed: Feature Requests for AC!

Postby dkekesi » Thu May 15, 2014 12:22 pm

Nice call. I'd also like to see those scan mode icons on the home tab of the Scan module, like in Kofax Express: one click to switch between duplex/simplex color/BW, feeder/ADF, complete with visual feedback (sticky icons). And customizing what is visible or not would be nice in 2014. Kofax uses 3rd party ribbon controls and all of them have customizing abilities. Shouldn't take more than a couple of development days to come up with at least a half-solution.
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
dkekesi
Participant

Postby bclaman » Mon May 19, 2014 5:39 am

regarding KCNS nice additions: I would love to see KCNS NOT transfer every image to/from central site after an error if some of the documents have already been exported. For small stuff this is not such a big deal but why should Kofax bog down my data line with 850 pages of images when I actually only need the 10 in the document that had a problem?

Also for KCNS: it would be great if I had the ability in Central Site Batch Manager to redirect a batch to a particular remote site - or at least back to the remote site it came from - after I have recalled it to central site to look at it. There are many times when a batch has failed PDF or Export, which are processed at the central site, and I want to recall them into Central Site BM to fix something before letting it continue on into QC or Scan. But once I recall it, it will not go back to the remote site it originated from and then I need to process it all the way through without knowing (or wanting to know) what should happen in our backend storage for the document.
bclaman
Participant

Postby dkekesi » Mon May 19, 2014 5:46 am

bclaman wrote:regarding KCNS nice additions: I would love to see KCNS NOT transfer every image to/from central site after an error if some of the documents have already been exported. For small stuff this is not such a big deal but why should Kofax bog down my data line with 850 pages of images when I actually only need the 10 in the document that had a problem?

There's an option in the remote site profiles called "Retain images at remote sites". This will cause the remote site to keep all files until the batch is exported or deleted from the system. This will result in less traffic, as for example in your case, there's no transfer of image files needed. Using this option might be of help.

bclaman wrote:Also for KCNS: it would be great if I had the ability in Central Site Batch Manager to redirect a batch to a particular remote site - or at least back to the remote site it came from - after I have recalled it to central site to look at it. There are many times when a batch has failed PDF or Export, which are processed at the central site, and I want to recall them into Central Site BM to fix something before letting it continue on into QC or Scan. But once I recall it, it will not go back to the remote site it originated from and then I need to process it all the way through without knowing (or wanting to know) what should happen in our backend storage for the document.

You may look into batch routing options of KC. Maybe there's something to help you.
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
dkekesi
Participant

Postby bclaman » Mon May 19, 2014 8:10 am

bclaman wrote:
regarding KCNS nice additions: I would love to see KCNS NOT transfer every image to/from central site after an error if some of the documents have already been exported. For small stuff this is not such a big deal but why should Kofax bog down my data line with 850 pages of images when I actually only need the 10 in the document that had a problem?

dkekesi wrote:

There's an option in the remote site profiles called "Retain images at remote sites". This will cause the remote site to keep all files until the batch is exported or deleted from the system. This will result in less traffic, as for example in your case, there's no transfer of image files needed. Using this option might be of help.

the "Retain images..." is already checked. Is that a bug then? I've always thought it was just the way it worked to transfer all files (including deleted pages -> odd)

Regarding the batch routing the only thing I have set for central site is PDF and Export. I think the problem happens when I recall it to look in QC, it must change the Batch Creation Site to Central
bclaman
Participant

Postby dkekesi » Mon May 19, 2014 8:15 am

If files are transferred back and forth between central and remote sites while "Retain images..." is checked, then I think it's worth a support call. Transferring deleted files are normal, as once a page is scanned and makes it to the scan module it is part of the batch until the batch is deleted or exported completely. You can try it anytime: scan a couple of pages, delete some, and you'll still see them in the Images folder. The reason for this is beyond me. If there were some kind of Undo function (which would be a nice feature BTW), then I'd understand keeping deleted pages around.
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
dkekesi
Participant

Postby dkekesi » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:27 am

Kofax, please add the ExternalBatchID as a read only field to the batch properties page in both decimal and hex format. This would make locating batch images in the Images folder so easy. Or even better: put the full path on one of the property pages.
In versions up until KC9, DBUtil.exe could have been used for this, but now you have to go into the batch catalog database, select batch data, get the decimal ID, convert it to hex... cumbersome.
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
dkekesi
Participant

Postby russell@centuryc.com » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:02 pm

dkekesi wrote:DBUtil.exe could have been used for this

KC10, "Repair and Compact" tab works for me.
Russell
russell@centuryc.com
Participant

Postby dkekesi » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:44 am

Not when you have the "Store batches in SQL" option checked.
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
dkekesi
Participant

Previous

Return to Kofax Capture General Discussion