Your contribution is needed: Feature Requests for AC!

Re: Your contribution is needed: Feature Requests for AC!

Postby rpapa » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:38 am

any plans of adding VRS for software import similar to Kofax Express?

thanks!
rpapa
Participant

Postby Hando Penu » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:26 am

rpapa wrote:any plans of adding VRS for software import similar to Kofax Express?

thanks!

It is part of separate product(s) at the moment. One version of it is in Electronic Documents import connector. Looking at the price list, I do not expect it to land in base version... But we can always hope that it will be.

Hando
Hando Penu
Participant

Postby dkekesi » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:15 am

I have no idea why features of Kofax Express are always years ahead of the mainline Capture product. A paying customer would really expect just the opposite, especially since Capture costs many times more than Express.
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
dkekesi
Participant

Postby rpapa » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:36 am

Hando Penu wrote:It is part of separate product(s) at the moment. One version of it is in Electronic Documents import connector. Looking at the price list, I do not expect it to land in base version... But we can always hope that it will be.

Hando

our customer his KCIC, but would rather use software import so they have control of batch creation, but they lose the vrs functionality with software import.
rpapa
Participant

Postby russell@centuryc.com » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:49 pm

So this thread is now 4.5 years old. How many of the suggestions have been implemented?
Russell
russell@centuryc.com
Participant

Postby Hando Penu » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:40 pm

dkekesi wrote:I have no idea why features of Kofax Express are always years ahead of the mainline Capture product. A paying customer would really expect just the opposite, especially since Capture costs many times more than Express.

Why not to use Express as scan client? This is supported :) Ok, we lose some functionality, but it offers the VRS support...

Hando
Hando Penu
Participant

Postby dkekesi » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:36 am

Hando Penu wrote:Ok, we lose some functionality, but it offers the VRS support.

Exactly, we lose some functionality. We have many systems where only bar code scanning and automated validation is required (CDV checking or taking the bar code apart into many fields). I can do it with a custom panel and the customer is super happy that scanning is done on a single screen. I can't do these with KE, or the solution is not as sophisticated. Also I need to maintain scanning workflows in two places.
But for some uses your suggestion could work just fine.
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
dkekesi
Participant

Postby sanderson82 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:48 am

dkekesi wrote:
Hando Penu wrote:Ok, we lose some functionality, but it offers the VRS support.

Exactly, we lose some functionality. We have many systems where only bar code scanning and automated validation is required (CDV checking or taking the bar code apart into many fields). I can do it with a custom panel and the customer is super happy that scanning is done on a single screen. I can't do these with KE, or the solution is not as sophisticated. Also I need to maintain scanning workflows in two places.
But for some uses your suggestion could work just fine.

Any chance I could nab your code for that custom panel? :-) lol
sanderson82
Participant

Postby David » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:04 am

A small thing...

While doing Zone testing within the Administration module, it would be helpful to be able to zoom into the small sample view windows; the windows showing the Original and the Processed.

Zooming has always been important while studying images and working with OCR templates, so I can't really see why we do not have this feature in the Windows used for testing...

Also, it would help if the sample image list is possible to restrain. To be able to have a list of sample images to tests with is a good thing, but adding the lists of files each time seems primitive...
If you make it idiot-proof, someone will make a better idiot.
David
Participant

Postby David » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:27 am

I don't know if anyone is reading this anymore and to be honest, I am not 100% sure if this particular idea has not been mentioned already in this mega thread... (I have discussed parts of this in the sub forum for Release...).

When it comes to Export (previously Release), it would be extremely helpful if it was possible to disable/enable individual Export Connectors (previously Release scripts), in a given Document Class. There are situations where more than one Export Connector is used in a given Document Class and an Administrator could very well need to run one of these, with our without changes made in the Connector Configuration.

It makes great sense inmo and I would think it is not a major thing to implement.

Next (nice to have?) step could be to have an overview of disable/enable for Export Scripts in the Scripts/Export Connector menu, making it possible to manage the enable status in a central view.
In the form used, an extension of the list view could show if a given Export Connector is completely disabled/enabled on the site or partially disabled/enabled. I guess this means more job to implement <g> but at the same time it would be useful on large, complex, sites having several Export connectors of different types and probably having some Document Classes using multiple connectors.
If you make it idiot-proof, someone will make a better idiot.
David
Participant

Postby rpapa » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:16 am

remove or increase the character limit at least for the following:
1. batch class names
2. document class names
3. form type names

I understand that memory & disk space was expensive back then, but it is so much cheaper these days, so please remove or increase the character limit.

thanks.
rpapa
Participant

Postby aadslingerland » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:38 am

rpapa wrote:remove or increase the character limit at least for the following:
1. batch class names
2. document class names
3. form type names

Totally agree on this one 8)
With Regards, Aad Slingerland
aadslingerland
Participant

Postby russell@centuryc.com » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:48 am

aadslingerland wrote:
rpapa wrote:remove or increase the character limit at least for the following:
1. batch class names
2. document class names
3. form type names

Totally agree on this one 8)

+1

I work in a service center environment. We have something like 500 Batch Classes. To maintain order, the first part of the Batch Class name is the customer's name, the second half is the job (since we sometimes have more then one job for a customer). So we run into this limit.
Russell
russell@centuryc.com
Participant

Postby rpapa » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:21 pm

please have your name added to SPR00148826 so we can hopefully get this sooner!
rpapa
Participant

Postby bclaman » Thu May 15, 2014 10:35 am

it would be nice to see a keyboard shortcut(s) to switch between scanner profiles. As I have been training a lot of our county clerks, the question always comes up on how to change to color or duplex in the middle of scanning. I then show them how to change the scanner properties and explain that they need to switch it back before continuing on with normal black/white or single sided documents. There is a lot of clicking to go through all of that. Some kind of keyboard version of the Windows Alt-Tab combination to switch between saved profiles would be best. Then I could just make a profile of each combination of what they might use and they could easily change.
bclaman
Participant

PreviousNext

Return to Kofax Capture General Discussion