Licence error with ISIS driver

Licence error with ISIS driver

Postby igreen » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:28 am

I have a fujitsu FI 6130 scanner. I have VRS 4.5 sp 1 installed. I can not get it to work with the fujitsu scandAll program. When I select the VRS ISIS driver I get a message "A valice licence to opreate VRS could not be found,or VRS is installed in demo mode. Images will be stamped with the Kofax logo." I have resistered the program with out any problems. I have also tried to run the Kofax activate.exe program and it returns a message that VRS is already activated.

I then tried to install the VRS twain driver. When I opened up the list of scanner drivers there was no VRS twain driver present. Could anyone please advise me what to do?
Thank you
igreen
Participant

Re: Licence error with ISIS driver

Postby john.killinger » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:04 am

When you upgraded to VRS 4.5, did you install the OEM version of 4.5 from Fujitsu's Web site or did you install the General Release version from our Web site?

The OEM version is the one that contains the licensing for your scanner.

You will need to uninstall VRS 4.5 SP1, install the OEM VRS 4.5 from Fujitsu, then install Service Pack 1 from our Web site.
john.killinger
Participant

Postby igreen » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:31 pm

Thank you for your reply. I did install V4.5 that I downloaded from the Fujitsu website. When that did not work I downloaded and installed the VRS 4.5 sp 1 from the Kofax site. That also did not work. What do you recommend that I do now?

Also why can't fujitsu scandAll see the kofax twain driver?
igreen
Participant

Postby john.killinger » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:41 am

It sounds like the old copy of VRS was not completely removed.

Please uninstall VRS using the instructions in the following QAID:

http://knowledgebase.kofax.com/faqsearc ... ?QAID=9575

It is important that you follow all the instructions in this knowledgebase article so that all the remnants of the original VRS installation are completely removed.

Then install VRS 4.5 OEM from Fujitsu's website. Test in VRS Test Application to make sure that the OEM license is being applied for your fi-6130.
john.killinger
Participant

Postby igreen » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:42 am

Thank you. Rather than try and uninstall the software I decided to do a clean install of windows again.

I downloaded the ISIS and Twain drivers from the Fujitsu website and then installed VRS 4.1 from the disk and then upgraded it to V4.2 from the Fujutsu website.

I then tried to use it with the fujitsu scanning app called scandAll. The fujitsu app can not find the twain driver at all.
It can find a VRS isis driver. It is called "Kofax VRS Scanner".

When I set up the ISIS VRS driver I get the message
"No scanner is found.
There is a possibility that no scanner is connected, the connected scanner is not turned on, or the scanner is currently used by some other application"

I then tried the VDemo. It allows me to select the kofax scanners. However when I press the scan button nothing happens.

The only part of VRS that I can get to work is the scan to desktop.

Could you please assist me. I have spent a great deal of time trying to get VRS to work with no success.
Thank you.
igreen
Participant

Postby dkekesi » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:42 am

Do you see a yellow exclamation mark next to the scanner in the Windows Device Manager? What is the EXACT name of the scanner in the Device Manager?
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
dkekesi
Participant

Postby igreen » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:20 am

There is no yellow exclamation mark. The exact name of the scanner is fi-6130dj.
I have also attached a PDF file containing an image of the device manager.

Also when I select the Kofax VRS Scanner for scandAll and then I click on settings "None" is the only option available for the selected device.
I have attached a pdf file contining an image of the settings.
I also get the same problem when I try to use VCDemo where it does not work as on settings "None" is the only option available for the selected device.

I wonder if that may be a factor. Do you have any further suggestions?
Thank you
Attachments
device manager.pdf
device manager
(93.39 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
selectScanner.pdf
Image of Kofax VRS Scanner settings
(51.36 KiB) Downloaded 260 times
igreen
Participant

Postby dkekesi » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:29 pm

You should select the Fujitsu 6130 instead of Kofax VRS Scanner! 6130 is the one you use. Kofax VRS is a different kind of animal and will require additional drivers.
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
dkekesi
Participant

Postby igreen » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:45 pm

Thank you. But the Fujitsu 6130 does not use VRS. It uses the built in Fujitsu ISIS driver.

One of the factors influencing me to buy the Fujitsu 6130 was that the Fujitsu scanning software could be used with VRS.

I understood that the Kofax VRS scanner driver was the one to use.

Does this mean that Kofax VRS will not work with the fujitsu software as they promissed me?
igreen
Participant

Postby dkekesi » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:22 am

And if you select the Kofax VRS Scanner you get a license error? If so then that is the source you need to use, but you'll need to re-activate the license.
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
dkekesi
Participant

Postby john.killinger » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:03 am

Instead of installing VRS 4.1 from the CD and upgrading to VRS 4.2 OEM, what happens when you install VRS 4.2 OEM directly onto a clean machine?

Also, which version of Scandall are you using? The latest version of Scandall supports ISIS drivers and works best with the newer Fujitsu scanners and VRS.
john.killinger
Participant

Postby igreen » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:32 am

Thank you
I am using scandall Pro V 1.8 (update 2).
I have tried to use VRS with it unsucssessfully for each of the versions from V 1.6 on.

As mentioned previously, when I started to get problems I decided to do a fresh install of windows. Since then I am no longer getting the licence error. Now when I select the Kofax VRS scanner isis driver it simply does not work. When I to scan with the Kofax VRS scanner I get a message stating that there is no scanner attached. I have attached screen dumps of what happens in a previous post. When I look at the settingf for the Kofax VRS driver there is no device and none are selectable. I wonder if that is the core of the problem.

With regard to installing VRS version 4.2 directly - is that possible? I thought that the version 4.2 on the fujitsu site was only to upgrade an original disk copy.
igreen
Participant

Postby john.killinger » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:46 am

dkekesi wrote:And if you select the Kofax VRS Scanner you get a license error? If so then that is the source you need to use, but you'll need to re-activate the license.

With the OEM version of VRS there is no need to activate the license. The OEM version of VRS 4.x will detect an authorized scanner and automatically provide licensing.
john.killinger
Participant

Postby john.killinger » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:48 am

The VRS 4.2 OEM version on Fujitsu's website is the full version of the software.
john.killinger
Participant

Postby igreen » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:54 am

I did as you suggested and installed VRS 4.2 directly on a fresh machine. It did install without VRS 4.1 having been installed first.

Unfortunately that did not work. I was able to selelct the Kofax VRS scanner without any licence error messages. However when I try to scan using the Kofax VRS scanner no scanning occured. I get the same error message saying that there is no scanner connected. I have attached a screendump of this error message.

It seems what ever I do leads to the same result. What do you suggest?
Attachments
scandAll_error.pdf
Error message when using the Kofax VRS scanner driver
(34.48 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
igreen
Participant

Next

Return to VRS General Discussion