Component installer?

Component installer?

Postby malik » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:50 pm

What are the conponent installers on this page. i.e. what do they do specifically

http://www.kofax.com/support/IP/VRS/4.2 ... rvicePacks

Should these be installed before or after the scanner drivers.
malik
Participant

Re: Component installer?

Postby russell@centuryc.com » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:23 pm

This is how new models of scanners are added to VRS once that version of VRS started shipping.

Only install them if you have one of the scanners mentioned. I'd install it after everything else and before trying to configure the scanner settings.
Russell
russell@centuryc.com
Participant

Re: Component installer?

Postby dkekesi » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:20 am

They contain the scanner drivers that are required by VRS (ISIS or TWAIN for some models). You do not need to install scanner drivers at all, if you use them.
For example if you have a Fujitsu fi-6320 scanner then you install Kofax Capture, activate VRS on the station if needed, install the component installer, configure the scanner using Scanner configurator (you only need to do this if you want to switch between scanner models on the same station or want to change the default scan sources) and you're set to launch the scan module. No searching for the appropriate driver on the manufacturer's web site is required.
These are the basic scanner drivers, however. You need to install additional applications if you want to use the operator panel (the hardware buttons) on the scanner, though. But with Kofax I do not think those buttons are useful.
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
dkekesi
Participant

Return to VRS General Discussion