Hardware CGA Board - Color Duplex Slowness

Hardware CGA Board - Color Duplex Slowness

Postby » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:13 am

I've been troubleshooting an issue were having with any scanner that has hardware VRS. We have a Fujitsu 6800 and Kodak Ngenuity 9125. Both scan at spec'd speed on BW Simplex, BW Duplex, and Color Simplex; however, as soon as you try to scan Color Duplex it goes to a crawl. It'll suck in about 10 pages and then drop down to almost 10 ppm.

I've tried multiple PC's and both scanners and experience the same issue on everything. Furthermore, I've done it on my personal laptop and it works fine. So I know it's not a installation issue or the scanners themselves. It's clearly something environmental on the way the clients build is done etc. Anyone have any ideas what could environmentally be causing this?
Participant

Re: Hardware CGA Board - Color Duplex Slowness

Postby » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:36 am

Where are you storing the imagines? It sounds like a bandwidth problem. The storage system can't keep up with the creation of so many large files. This could be hard drive speed, network speed, anti-virus, etc.
Russell
Participant

Re: Hardware CGA Board - Color Duplex Slowness

Postby » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:11 am

Aside from Russell’s advice, are there any local profiles that kick in on Color duplex? Profile configuration that you may or may not have changed manually on each PC without thinking about it.
Am thinking of scanner settings for the CGA through the VRS profile for example. I think there is one or two settings that certainly will reduce speed, perhaps so on specific image conditions. Not sure about this, just an idea.
If you make it idiot-proof, someone will make a better idiot.
Participant

Return to VRS General Discussion