VRS Test Console only recognizes first 5 barcodes

VRS Test Console only recognizes first 5 barcodes

Postby dwhelan » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:09 pm

I have a document separation sheet with 10 3of9 barcode values.

Using the VRS Test Console with VRS 5.00.602 SP1, and only the first 5 barcode values are being shown.

How can we configure/set it to display values for all 10 barcodes in the barcode results tree?

Thank you

David Whelan
dwhelan
Participant

Re: VRS Test Console only recognizes first 5 barcodes

Postby dwhelan » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:12 pm

test reply
dwhelan
Participant

Postby Hando Penu » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:06 am

Hi!

It's probably it's limitation. Test Console is no intended to be used for anything else, than testing the scanner settings. If You need to recognize all 10 barcodes, create batch class and add fields and barcodes there.

Hando
Hando Penu
Participant

Postby dwhelan » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:12 am

Hando,

Thanks for your response - I'm trying to use the Test Console to test a sporadic barcode read issue my customer's been experiencing (outside of their capture software)

The problem is they have more than 5 barcodes on their document separation sheets, which mis-read 5%-10% of the time.

Thanks,

David
dwhelan
Participant

Postby russell@centuryc.com » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:53 am

dwhelan wrote:I'm trying to use the Test Console to test a sporadic barcode read issue my customer's been experiencing (outside of their capture software)

Are they using the scan-time barcode reader? I've got an app that uses both scan-time and recognition-time readers. You'd be surprised at the differences.

I'm finding that the scan-time one doesn't seem to like thicker barcodes, while the recognition-time one loves them. But if the bars are thin, the scan-time one can pick them out where the recognition-time one is completely hopeless.
Russell
russell@centuryc.com
Participant

Return to VRS General Discussion