Error 48 Error in loading dll selecting source in vcdemo

Postby » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:54 am

After re-installing VRSH 4.1 running on a Fujistu scanner Win xp hom.when I select the source in Vcdemo, the system attempts to load Kofax and returns the "Error 48 Error in loading dll selecting source in vcdemo". I found a knowledge base article on this number QAID 1189 indicating the installation wasn't good. I removed all Kofax through CP Add remove programs. I downloaded the snooper referenced in the article and went by the book removing all Kofax Pixel Trans and Pegusus files, and finally removed the Kofax folder from the windows registery under current user/software/kofax and the same under local machine, and I still get the error.

What's interesting is there are no errors during the install. The system reboots and pulls some more drivers from the install cd without issues, but windows never comes up and indicates that it found new hardware and makes the connection with Kofax. When I open the fujitsu scanner control panel it sends a signal out to the scanner so I don't think it has anything to do with the physical connection. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Frank
Participant

Postby » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:13 am

Thank you Travis at Kofax support. Updating the ASPI driver solved this.

Frank
Participant

Re: Error 48 Error in loading dll selecting source in vcdemo

Postby » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:44 am

Thanks for the solution :D

It worked perfect - also in combination with VRS 4.5 and Fujitsu fi-6800 hardware VRS.
Participant

Return to VRS General Discussion