Images are deleted while being saved?

Images are deleted while being saved?

Postby » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:56 am

Hello,

I try to save the images scanned with ImageControls on a drive where I have the right to write but I don't have the right to delete. It seems that each image when is being saved it is deleted. Did anyone meet this problem? What would be the reason? What would be the solutions when saving on a drive where one doesn't have the right to delete?

thanks
Participant

Postby » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:35 pm

Do you have the right to modify? It could be that IC is creating the file and then coming back to add to it. But if it can't modify, it can't make the changes.
Participant

Postby » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:51 am

Hello,

Thanks for the help.
Here is the output from trying to write to a WebDAV drive mounted on the local machine having the delete right:

Locking 649.tif ...OK
Storing 649.tif (0 bytes) ... OK
Deleting 649.tif... OK
Locking 649.tif ... OK
Storing 649.tif (44.9KB) ... OK
Unlocking 649.tif ...OK

In the case when I don't have the delete right it happens this way:

Locking 650.tif ...OK
Storing 650.tif (0 bytes) ... OK
Deleting 650.tif... failed (error 5, Access is denied)

The same thing happens when writing to a NTFS local drive but I thought that is more detailed.

It seems that after exiting from PageEnd it tries to: write an empty file (0 KB), it deletes that file and then writes again the file but now with correct content.

Thanks
Participant

Postby » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:01 pm

bflorin11 wrote:It seems that after exiting from PageEnd it tries to: write an empty file (0 KB), it deletes that file and then writes again the file but now with correct content.

Could be. I've learned to never underestimate the way a programmer might do something. :D It might be they are simply testing the storage to insure they have the rights to create the file first.

I wonder if you'd see more things happen if it was a multi-page tiff?
Participant

Return to ImageControls General Discussion