Error 20048 with custom scan app & VRS 4.2 with fi-5900C

Error 20048 with custom scan app & VRS 4.2 with fi-5900C

Postby mohsinladha » Wed May 12, 2010 5:06 am

Have installed VRS 4.2 and Adrenaline SCSI controller. Scanner configured: Fujitsu fi-5900C scanner with AIPE. VRS Interactive window shows: VRS Version: 4.20.032, Effective License Level: Production.
Using VCDemo barcode recognition works fine. With custom Image Control based application as soon as I access Barcode Properties error msg "Run-time error 20048. Control not connected" appears and application closes.
The station had been in operation since 2008. However, OS had to be reinstalled due to some issues. Yesterday I went to client site to set up custom scanning application and I encountered error 20048. There are 2 other similar stations and they are working fine. I can get to Scanner Settings(kscan.ini) with no problem. As soon as I access Barcode settings (kimgp.ini) I get the error. The app looks for both in folder where it is installed. I even tried to copy kimgp.ini from one of operational station, but the error is still there.
I can vaguely recall from past experience that it may have to do with Adrenaline 650i card driver being installed as basic 650 driver when I selected "Install VRS and Adrenaline SCSI controller" from VRS 4.2 CD. But I am not 100% sure it this is the problem.
Any comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Mohsin Ladha
Inofas Integrated Systems Inc.
mohsinladha
Participant

Return to ImageControls General Discussion