how to read scsi card ports on Fujitsu m4097d scanner

how to read scsi card ports on Fujitsu m4097d scanner

Postby etravels2010 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:13 am

Folks

We are using a fujitsu m4097d scan station (has 4 scsi plugs at back of scanner) with a XP sp2 pc attached to the scanner. We are connecting using an Adaptec 2930Lp card as they are not making kofax 650i cards anymore. This is our DR scan station - but for some reason I can't get the scanner to appear in the Scanner & Imaging devices in device Manager.
Therefore it won't work when I do a simple scan test.
Software used:
adaptec software driver is built into xp -appears in device manager
Installed Kofax Ascent 7.5 -No VRS
Installed VRS 4.1 install which includes all the latest drivers for the scanner
Using KSM - Source ->ISIS Scanning with Image Processing, Properties, & chose Fujitsu M4097D Without SVRS & AIPE

However I can hook up this setup with another Scanner Idenitical to the above m4097d, but it only has 2 'scsi' card slot at the back of the scanner and it will work and when you attach it it immediately comes up in 'add new hardware' bubble in right hand corner. I can also see it attached in the device manager under 'scanning & imaging devices'

I am so baffled as to why I can't get our DR -4 slots to work? Is there some setting somewhere to pick up this lead. I am missing a drive or something.Even without the drivers it won't pick up the scanner? Should I install in a different order? any ideas please...........

Thanks all
Etravels.
etravels2010
Participant

Re: how to read scsi card ports on Fujitsu m4097d scanner

Postby dkekesi » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:53 am

I've never seen a 4097 with 4 ports. If there's a VRS panel at the back, do not plug the cable in there. That will only work with some Adrenaline boards.
Did that scanner ever work at your company?
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
dkekesi
Participant

Re: how to read scsi card ports on Fujitsu m4097d scanner

Postby etravels2010 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:22 am

HI Dkeksi

Thanks for your reply. yes the scanner def did work in the company.

I just had a look at the scanner and I can see the following:
4 slots -
2scsi cards
1 video card
1 RS2326 Card

There are no VRS card slot at the back. How can I identify the Assembly numbers of the scanner, Will I have to open the scanner itself?

Thanks
E
etravels2010
Participant

Return to ImageControls General Discussion