Fujitsu M4097D not detected in Device Manager -Scan devices

Fujitsu M4097D not detected in Device Manager -Scan devices

Postby etravels2010 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:29 am

Folks

Can someone tell me why the fujitsu scanner m4097D cannot be found in the device Manger under scanning & imging devices. I tired the 'add new hardware' , unlpugged the scanner and powered off and reattached but still doesn't find it.

Regardless of Anyhow software installed for the scanner device manager does not pick it up. However, we are using Adaptec 2930LP SCSI card and that Can be found in Device Manger so I know Device Manger is working . {adaptec drivers are embedded in xp when loaded so finds it fine)

To test device Manger I connected another scanner and I could get the 'find new hardware'

Any ideas?? Do I need to install the software first? Is it a hardware/scanner fault?

Apparently the scanner is used by other companies for a DR situation. I am wondering what others are using

PPS, we could not purchase the adrenaline card 650i as they are now sunset. hence why we had to adopt the adaptec.

Thanks
E
etravels2010
Participant

Re: Fujitsu M4097D not detected in Device Manager -Scan devices

Postby dkekesi » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:00 am

Which port of the scanner do you plug the SCSI cable into? Does it say "VRS" anywhere near that SCSI port?
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
dkekesi
Participant

Re: Fujitsu M4097D not detected in Device Manager -Scan devices

Postby etravels2010 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:04 am

hi folks

Finally got it working - i had to change the settings on the scanner itself and check all the 'scsi' ids numbers & type of card - so after a few atempts & trial manage to get it going

so happy days...

thanks
Emer
etravels2010
Participant

Return to ImageControls General Discussion