patchcode seperation

patchcode seperation

Postby timur » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:17 am

We've been scanning a lot of documents using Virtual ReScan 4.0, Canon Capture Perfect 3.0 and a Canon 9080C. We split our document by patchcode (Seperator page). But when activate VRS we can’t split document by patchcode.

can you help?
timur
Participant

Postby russell@centuryc.com » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:33 pm

Are you activating just "VRS" or "with VRS with AIPE"?
russell@centuryc.com
Participant

Postby timur » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:00 am

We were testing "VRS" and "VRS with AIPE".
timur
Participant

Postby russell@centuryc.com » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:13 pm

I think you have to have "with AIPE" for it to work. Are you scanning bitonal or something else? I think you may need at least an EBC scan-time license if it's not bitonal.

What level of VRS are you on? Basic or Pro? I think the EBC scantime is included in Workgroup and Production, but not in the other levels of VRS.
russell@centuryc.com
Participant

patchcode seperation

Postby brian.mcdougle@kofax.com » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:39 pm

Timur,

I believe you are trying to use an option in the DR-9080 ISIS driver to separate the batches by the patchcode. If that is true then this isn't supported within VRS. This option is only supported with applications that support it. Since VRS is the "driver" that the Capture Perfect applicaiton is using, VRS would have to tell the application when a new batch is received. This is supported in VRS so the application isn't told about the batch separations.

You have to do this as an option in the application. This means that the application would get all the pages including the ones with the patch codes. Then it would process the patchcodes and create new batches as instructed.
Brian McDougle
Software Project Lead
Kofax Image Products
brian.mcdougle@kofax.com
Participant

Return to ImageControls General Discussion