Fujitsu M4099D VRS with Adrenaline 650i-PV

Fujitsu M4099D VRS with Adrenaline 650i-PV

Postby dtaylor@doxtek.com » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:43 am

I recently purchased a Fujitsu M4099D VRS (with the newer GSA2 board) and an Adrenaline 650iPV board. When installing VRS it asks me for a product code and some other information. I have the part number and serial number of the 650i board but no product code? Am I missing something obvious about where I should get this?

Also, I should mention that it came with no drivers or software. I downloaded the drivers from Fujitsu's website and downloaded VRS 4.5.

By the way, I am following the instructions from the Fujitsu website here: 650 install instructions.

Thanks!
dtaylor@doxtek.com
Participant

Re: Fujitsu M4099D VRS with Adrenaline 650i-PV

Postby russell@centuryc.com » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:14 pm

You've got a couple of choices. I'm not sure if the first will work, but it's quick and worth a try:

1) Run in demo mode for now. Once you've got things set up and VRS sees the scanner, it just *might* become licensed. It will do that with some Hardware VRS scanners.

2) Remove VRS. Download VRS from the Fujitsu website. Only after it's installed and working should you try to upgrade the VRS to current with any download from Kofax.
Russell
russell@centuryc.com
Participant

Postby cliff.skoglund@kofax.com » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:03 pm

As you state that you have a VRS license that consists of a Part Number and Serial Number (but no Product Code), and by the fact that it came with the 650i board, it sounds like this is a VRS Basic license. If that is in fact the case, then a Product Code is not needed. A VRS Basic license only consists of a Serial Number and a Part Number.

You can activate this license (during installation or post installation by running Activate.exe) by entering the Part Number and Serial Number, and leaving the Product Code field blank.

Please note that the GSA2 board does not provide a VRS license, as a CGA board does (such as the CGA board found in the Fujitsu fi-5900, Fujitsu fi-6670A, etc.).
cliff.skoglund@kofax.com
Participant

Postby dtaylor@doxtek.com » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:30 pm

Thanks everyone! We got it working now. I appreciate your responses.
dtaylor@doxtek.com
Participant

Return to Adrenaline General Discussion