AIPE and Kofax VRS 4.1 Professional (For Desktop Scanning)

AIPE and Kofax VRS 4.1 Professional (For Desktop Scanning)

Postby » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:38 am

We have implemented an Oracle AP invoices solution from 170systems (Markview) which scanning requirements needs VRS 4.x compliance...as part of the project we purchased two versions of 'Kofax VRS 4.1 Professional (For USB/Firewire Workgroup Scanning)' to use with two production scanners (Kodak i280's)
For support purposes we bought a Kodak i40 - checked is VRS 4.x compliant but for the purposes of this localised support use purchased 'Kofax VRS 4.1 Professional (For Desktop Scanning)' thinking it would suffice - it turns out that we need to have SVRS and AIPE to make the scanning system work but it appears that our VRS ver license won't enable the APIE selection - would this be correct?
Is there anyway we can get the product to enable the use of AIPE without having to spend additonal monies (£400) for the workgroup version for this single use requirement - I have a downloaded version of APIE

sorry its long but i'm at my wits end and frustrated that we seem to need to spend much more monies just to get the AIPE bit working
Many thanks
Simon
Participant

Query answered

Postby » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:41 am

I have now managed to get the answers I require
for AIPE functionality you do need to have a min version of Workgroup
You have to buy and upgrade to get the AIPE functionality - NOTE the cost of upgrading the license is nearly the same as purchasing a new Workgroup product so it worth considering that if you find yourself in this position then buy a second license and have two vers of VRS for use

Even though no answers given thanks to those who viewed my query
Regards Simon
Participant

Return to Adrenaline General Discussion