Adrenaline 650

Adrenaline 650

Postby Timjcrist » Mon May 21, 2007 9:56 am

I am running an adrenaline 650 card with a Bowe Bell and Howell series scanner and am having issues with my system detecting my adrenaline 650 after reboot. I suspect the culprit is my measly 240w power supply but I need more proof if I am going to take this up the ladder and have anything done about it. I have been unable to find anything with required or recommended power supply numbers so far. Can anyone advise?
Last edited by Timjcrist on Mon May 21, 2007 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Timjcrist
Participant

Postby rpapa » Mon May 21, 2007 10:46 am

I don't know what supply specs it needs, but do you at least see it at POST?
rpapa
Participant

Postby Timjcrist » Tue May 22, 2007 4:24 am

The SCSI card is detected in post, and the card is in the highest PCI slot. If the scanner is switched off and the machine is booted the machine won't see the scanner.

If the scanner is already on and Iboot the machine, it will see the scanner and the scanner will show up under 'Other Devices' in the device manager. Meaning, it doesn't have drivers installed, but I am able to scan.

If I turn on the PC and scanner at the same time, the PC still doesn't seem to see the scanner. Once booted I can go to device manager and tell it to 'scan for hardware changes' and it will find the scanner and place it under 'Other Devices'. But, then I can't scan.

It seems like a poor solution to just leave the scanner on, or is this the best I can hope for?
Timjcrist
Participant

Postby rpapa » Tue May 22, 2007 5:08 am

That's how scsi works, the scanner has to be fully booted before you can turn on the pc.

You can get away with turning off the scanner as long as the computer HAS NOT been rebooted.
rpapa
Participant

Postby Timjcrist » Tue May 22, 2007 5:19 am

If that's the way the cookie crumbles then so be it. Thanks for the quick replys and the assistance.
Timjcrist
Participant

Return to Adrenaline General Discussion