AIPE versions

AIPE versions

Postby james.jacobs » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:57 am

RE AIPE versions

1) If using AIPE, how do you find what version you are running?

2) Is the AIPE version the same is the image controls runtime (IMGCTLS) version?

3) If you have an older version of AIPE are you allowed to download and use the latest version?

4) If you have VRS 3.5x then are you allowed to update to 4.1 SP2?

Thank you in advance


James Jacobs
james.jacobs
Participant
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:46 am

Re: AIPE versions

Postby russell@centuryc.com » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:30 pm

james.jacobs wrote:1) If using AIPE, how do you find what version you are running?


I run the VCDemo program found in the BIN directory. Then Help | About

2) Is the AIPE version the same is the image controls runtime (IMGCTLS) version?

I think so, but I could be wrong.

3) If you have an older version of AIPE are you allowed to download and use the latest version?

I believe so. Nothing seems to stop you and tech support has never told me otherwise.

4) If you have VRS 3.5x then are you allowed to update to 4.1 SP2?

See answer #3. Note that 3.x used a dongle for license, while 4.x uses software registration. However the procedure to register is straight forward when you run it. However, you'll only upgrade to 4.x Basic. You gotta pay to go to Pro.
russell@centuryc.com
Participant
 
Posts: 3374
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 12:53 pm
Location: USA

Re: AIPE versions

Postby james.jacobs » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:26 am

russell@centuryc.com wrote:
james.jacobs wrote:1) If using AIPE, how do you find what version you are running?


I run the VCDemo program found in the BIN directory. Then Help | About

2) Is the AIPE version the same is the image controls runtime (IMGCTLS) version?

I think so, but I could be wrong.

3) If you have an older version of AIPE are you allowed to download and use the latest version?

I believe so. Nothing seems to stop you and tech support has never told me otherwise.

4) If you have VRS 3.5x then are you allowed to update to 4.1 SP2?

See answer #3. Note that 3.x used a dongle for license, while 4.x uses software registration. However the procedure to register is straight forward when you run it. However, you'll only upgrade to 4.x Basic. You gotta pay to go to Pro.


RE 1) - This will definetly tell you the Image Controls version, but am not totally sure that this is the same as the AIPE version. If it is not, then this is not the AIPE version.

RE 4) - You are able to download service packs for VRS 4.1 - has anyone tried to install these on VRS 3.5x?
james.jacobs
Participant
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:46 am

Re: AIPE versions

Postby rpapa » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:58 am

james.jacobs wrote:RE 4) - You are able to download service packs for VRS 4.1 - has anyone tried to install these on VRS 3.5x?


why would you want to put service packs intended for 4.1 into 3.5x?

it's like putting a windows 2003 patch on 2000.

so no it will not work.
rpapa
Participant
 
Posts: 3552
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:00 pm
Location: Livonia, Michigan

Postby mokkimhong » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:31 am

anyone knows what is the latest current AIPE version?

the latest version found Kofax.com is 4.0..
now VRS had gone to version 4.2

AIPE with VRS still stop at 4.0?
mokkimhong
Participant
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:43 pm


Return to Adrenaline General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest