error 20452 - no dongle connected

error 20452 - no dongle connected

Postby shannon » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:49 pm

Has anyone dealt w/ this error before? "Error 20452 - There is no dongle connected".

This is on a 650i SCSI card in an XP Professional machine with a Kodak i830 scanner attached.

I'm using the 3.75.012 version of Adrenaline. The error occures when I'm in VCDemo and selecting the scanner.

I've browsed the knowledge base and update the drivers for the card - it shows up as an "Kofax Adrenaline 650 ultra-wide scsi" in device manager. I installed the latest Sentinel drivers and talked w/ two Kofax help desk techs.

I was wondering if anyone had some experience w/ this or ideas. Thanks!!!
shannon
Participant

Postby dkekesi » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:28 pm

VRS 3.75 requires a dongle for that scanner. The dongle is either USB or built into the Adrenaline card firmware. Somehow for Windows it seems like you have none of them or the system does not pick them up. Do you have a USB dongle or just the plain Adrenaline card?
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
dkekesi
Participant

Postby russell@centuryc.com » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:07 pm

If the dongle is part of the card, then the card will show 650iPV or 650iHV or something like that on the back of the card. If it's just 650i, then there is no built-in dongle.

What are you selecting? If you're including VRS, yes, you need a license for it. If you are selecting "with AIPE" then you may need a license (I'm not sure - I don't use that card outside of Ascent Capture.) If you select a non-VRS source that is not using AIPE, then it shouldn't be looking for a license.

Last but not least, I've had some cards lunch their firmware/dongle. Rare, but it can happen. Same with the dongles - they can go south. They can also be stolen by people thinking they are a USB drive.
russell@centuryc.com
Participant

Postby shannon » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:31 am

I was using AIPE 3.75. Finally got everything working after talking to 3 techs from Kofax. I got an updated version of the 3.75 software and that did the trick! The card installed correctly and no more dongle error!!

Thanks for the replies and advice!!
shannon
Participant

Return to Adrenaline General Discussion