Variable Location - floating text

Ascent Collection Server

Variable Location - floating text

Postby docintegration » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:07 pm

I have an issue where the pages we scan, which we do not have control over, are printing with variable sizes. It's similar to a page being copied on a copier where the image shrinks just enough to throw the index zone off.

In other capture applications I've used, there is a feature called "Variable Location", where you can define a large index zone and have it look for text and then retain the text in relation to what it you tell it. For example, let's say you have a document with "Name: John Doe". You can make the field large and tell it that you want the data to the right of "Name:". So, in our example, it would retain "John Doe" even if the field location changes slightly.

We're using AC 7.5 and this feature would really help solve our issue. I can't find any information about this on the KB, Docs or Forum. Does AC 7.5 support this feature? If not, has anyone come up with a way to handle "shrinking" pages?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason
docintegration
Participant

Postby Guillaume Melchior » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:13 am

If you use registration zone, this can help to find your text if document change in size.

If the document size change more than 90-95% in size, I think you have 2 solutions to your problems :

1st : Use a large zone and a script to search "Name" text in the result. Then extract following words and replace the result by this words.

2nd : Use Xtrata Pro and Format locators (but you need licensing for Xtrata Pro).

I hope this can help you.
Guillaume Melchior
Participant

Postby docintegration » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:45 am

Thanks for the reply. I currently using 3 registration zones with no luck. I'm going to look at Xtrata Pro and Format locators. I'm hoping to "try before we buy", but we'll have to work with our reseller for that.

Thanks for your help! I'll post my results.
docintegration
Participant

Return to Kofax Capture Import Connector