Cannot start Kofax Capture Import Connector XML service

Ascent Collection Server

Cannot start Kofax Capture Import Connector XML service

Postby ldnewho » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:36 am

I'm running Kofax 9 and beginning a project that needs to use the Kofax Capture Import Connector - XML service. I've written the xml file to be processed and I'm now trying to get the XML import process to work from the command line. I've remoted into the vm Kofax server. I run the acxmlai - install command which installs the Kofax Capture Import Connector service - not started. I then go to services to try and start it. I get the following error:

Could not start the Kofax Capture Import Connector - XML service on Local Computer.
Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Is this a permission problem..i.e. I don't have authority to start the service?

thanks..Larry
ldnewho
Participant

Re: Cannot start Kofax Capture Import Connector XML service

Postby Hando Penu » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:14 pm

Hi!

It tries by default to use c:\ as place for log file and this is usually cause of all errors. Look in the manuals for command line switches it supports, they enable lot's of good options, also relocation of the log file.

Hando
Hando Penu
Participant

Re: Cannot start Kofax Capture Import Connector XML service

Postby Hoskwitz » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:09 pm

You're most likely getting the timely fashion error because the service runs by defualt as a LocalService. Change to a user that has more rights.

The problem services usually have with the parent area of the boot drive would most likely be a "started and then stopped" error. In this case, manually create the folder the service is trying to access and everything should work fine.
Hoskwitz
Participant

Return to Kofax Capture Import Connector