XML Import Connector and Secure PDF

Ascent Collection Server

XML Import Connector and Secure PDF

Postby Stewey » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:16 am

Hi, I'm using XML Import Connector to process PDF documents and a number of them are "Secured'. Currently, when I try run the XML Import process the process bombs once a page encounters: ErrorCode="20" ErrorMessage="Illegal file format. I've set it so the batch class does not delete when errors are encountered. So far each PDF that has bombed is set to 'Secure'. My question is, can the XML file or the scan properties be set to reject the document with the page level error and continue processing? Or is there a means to identify if a PDF is "Secured" programmatically and not include in the XML file?
Stewey
Participant

Re: XML Import Connector and Secure PDF

Postby dkekesi » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:13 am

That's a tough one and you'll not get away without programming.
If you want to pre-filter the PDF files you'll need to use an external toolkit.
But if I were you, I'd forget XML Auto Import altogether and write my own import utility. That lets you handle all kinds of errors. For example if the import process throws an error you can put in a placeholder page (like XML Auto Import does), reject the document and write a rejection note containing the error and where the user can find the original document.
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
dkekesi
Participant

Re: XML Import Connector and Secure PDF

Postby Stewey » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:45 am

Thanks for the insight, I decided to step back and wrap each doc in a batch, so if the batch/doc failed for whatever reason, it will fail the individual batch and not the process. I can revisit the failed batches after the xml process completes. Cheers
Stewey
Participant

Return to Kofax Capture Import Connector