Release to ODBC Complient DB

Ascent Collection Server

Release to ODBC Complient DB

Postby » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:26 pm

I'm trying to release files to and odbc complient database. I've setup the document table and the index table as defined in the documentation. They bother require unique values in the 'documentid' columns. I am using the xml import connector to import and xml file with 2 batches inside. The import, validation and pdf generator go fine. When I release to odbc I'm getting duplicate docid values. It apprears when looking at the sql database the docid is unique ... but only within the batchid value. Is there another value I can use to meet the 'must be unique' requirement of the document table?
thanks..
Participant

Re: Release to ODBC Complient DB

Postby » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:30 pm

Hi!

You are in a little bit wrong place - Export connectors /Release scripts are not discussed here ...
But to the point:
There is special DocumentID property on Kofax - When You are assigning to DB docID field, choose Document ID property right from the opening screen of property selector. The Property You have been using is just docid within a batch and it is not unique...

Hando
Participant

Postby » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:43 pm

The problem is the DocID is unique only to that Kofax install. If you're going to have more then one Kofax system feeding the database, you've got a problem.

There are ways to reset the DocID to start at a higher number, but it's just a matter of time before the different systems overlap. Or worse, you forget about the need for unique DocIDs and re-install the Kofax system (perhaps due to new computers) and forget to reset the DocID.
Russell
Participant

Postby » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:13 am

This is why merging docid+any date to form a quite unique value is a wise choice. It is easy to do during validation (if there's such a queue in the processing flow).
Best Regards,

Daniel Kekesi
DocSoft Hungary
Participant

Postby » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:11 pm

dkekesi wrote:This is why merging docid+any date to form a quite unique value is a wise choice. It is easy to do during validation (if there's such a queue in the processing flow).

It works for a re-install, but it may still have a problem with multiple systems as there may be a point in time when the same doc ID is used on the same date by different systems.

But if one add something like a station or system name, it should be unique.
Russell
Participant

Return to Kofax Capture Import Connector